"That unit looks like crap." The complaint forum.

hiphopin

Warlord
This is a topic for any complaints you may have about this game that could and should be looked at and possibly patched with good enough reason. Complain here, but don't be rude (oxymoron).

My complaint, Arquebus graphics. They look like they belong in an Austrian prison camp in the 1870's (I honestly have no idea what that would like like though, and doubt they had guards that looked like that, and doubt that they would have a prison camp then..... Actually I don't even know if Austria existed then [I really don't know history well] nor what it looks like. Yeah......) . I feel like throwing up (not really) when I see them. They don't fit in, period. They need a new more fantasy based graphic. Ok rant over.

Post your reasonable complaints here! Oh and don't forget what Kael said, he would much rather have a comment that actually shows him a general direction on where to go with a complaint, for example rather than "Assassins suck" try "I don't like the graphic of the assassin, heres a better look *insert picture here*. Or "The Earth sphere sucks" try "Earth 2 is rather useless for the most part I wish it would also......... *continue suggestion*

(oh and I love you FFH2 team, this mod is the best, ever, ever, ever.)

Here's a picture of a great Arquebus graphic taken from the Malakim+ mod-mod-mod for Fall Further.
(crap upload for some reason wont work, heres the forum link though) http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=301725

i personally would like to see a new model for the courtesan. it seems completely out of place and inappropriate to the games theme.i am hoping it is just a placeholder. it doesn't look bad, just not right for FFH. but then its a lot of work for such a rarely used unit.

The shadow sure is boring to watch fight, and it looks like a pretty nice guy, not a secret assassin.... oh and it has a halo... a shadowy assasin with a yellow halo, go figure.

:p

Also... where are the samurai!? Surely a demonic samurai guy would be teh awesomest unit evar.

I am fairly satisfied with the unit models in the game. I think the art guys have done a fantastic job with the mod.:goodjob:

However, one thing that bugs me and has been brought up many times is the oversizing of some models in their representation in the lower left hand corner of the screen. It blocks vital stats and it truly a pain to have to spin the model here and there to have a look each time. Chariots, Griffons, War Elephants, etc. are all too big.

Please, please, reduce just a tad the size of these models on the screen so we can see what we are supposed to see without having to go through a mouse gymnastics session.

Thank you.

Some Infernal Units like Imp and Balor.Thy are just a Shape in a intense light and so look really bad compared to a lot of other models in the game.I assume though that they are just placeholders.

You should be happy that we don't have those old malakim adepts now. Sex change on upgrade was a terrific feature :).

When did that happen? Patch L they still look like the hair follicle thin alien women, for me. I would like them changed somehow eventually. Nothing else graphics wise bothers me though.

govanon definitely. he should look more like the picture in the tech tree. right now he just looks like a fat (that's probably most of my complaint, along with the hair) homo. hoods definitly help. on the topic, i think the color for amurite mages is off. adepts go from red cloaks to light blue hoodies back to red cloaks.

Corlindale could do with a makeover. Longer beard, lose the turban, and change the colour of his robes.

Some Infernal Units like Imp and Balor.Thy are just a Shape in a intense light and so look really bad compared to a lot of other models in the game.I assume though that they are just placeholders.
Maybe that's the whole point? Darkness surrounded by the flames of hell :devil:

Svartalfar archmage still doesn't have any animations whatsoever, heck, I'm not even sure if it has the right model. At least that was the case in "e" version.

Well, I disagree, I think they look buhdass.

I am fairly satisfied with the unit models in the game. I think the art guys have done a fantastic job with the mod.

However, one thing that bugs me and has been brought up many times is the oversizing of some models in their representation in the lower left hand corner of the screen. It blocks vital stats and it truly a pain to have to spin the model here and there to have a look each time. Chariots, Griffons, War Elephants, etc. are all too big.

Please, please, reduce just a tad the size of these models on the screen so we can see what we are supposed to see without having to go through a mouse gymnastics session.

Thank you.

I agree, especially dragons

Well, since you asked....
Rantine's new look is inappropriate for him and rather boring to watch. I want my dual wielding ax guy back. :please:

Here's my list of gripes:

Chalid: His coat is way too bright and the specularity is messed up on his wand, which makes for an odd square of white when viewed at a certain angle. It's better than his old model, for sure, but it still needs work.

Govannon: Like Rantine, he's got a generic model being used for a hero, and one of the ugliest ones at that. I know he's supposed to be a teacher and not a warrior so making him look like the hooded, gauntlet-snapping badass in his icon is perhaps too much, but seriously, the regular arcane units look better than him. I'd even settle for a reskin of Kylorin's model from AoI --just get rid of the wizard model once and for all. It was bad but acceptable before and now it's just bad.

Dain (in Gift of Kylorin): I know he's just an archmage with Dain's name attached, but c'mon, he's got gray hair when he's supposed to have just started his reign as leader of the Amurites. Does going through the Cave of Trials makes you 40 years younger for some reason? Maybe if Govannon gets a makeover the same model could be used for Dain.

I think I'm already on the record in favor of having the gaily colored "Hawks" belonging to the Lanun/Balseraphs renamed as "Parrots".

I do not have a problem with any of the unit's art work (at least not with any of the ones that the team have actually worked on), but I would really like to get the genders of possible upgrades to be the same. Specifically, the Malakim and Grigori mage line.

My other wish that has not yet been mentioned is to remove the dog from the Divided Soul, as I do not think a dog can learn that unit's trick.

One thing that bugs me and has been brought up many times is the oversizing of some models in their representation in the lower left hand corner of the screen. It blocks vital stats and it truly a pain to have to spin the model here and there to have a look each time. Chariots, Griffons, War Elephants, etc. are all too big.

Thank you.

+1

That is sometimes rather annoying.

Top Bottom