That wacky AI

GhengisGreg

Chieftain
Howdy, folks. I'm a newbie here, but I've been playing Civ since CivI

I had a game the other day, and I had to laugh. The Indians, lead by Ghandi himself, fired an unprovoked nuke at one of my citiees. It really struck me ironic, that Ghandi, the greatest proponent for peace (Mr. Passive Resistive himself) would launch a nuke at me.

So, with that in mind, has anybody else seen the AI do something funny like that?

Greg

ps. I then proceded to turn India into the largest glass producer on the planet... read I turned the surface of India to glass Muahahahahahaha...

It may not actually be a funny AI move. If the computer realizes that you are way far ahead and it cant catch up by other means, it will use any war-like attach to try and gain some advantage. Nuking a city might allow it to waltz in and take over that city, including a free advance...

Hi GengisGreg I would Just like to say that you have a very creative name for that you are now in my cool book!

------------------
my words of wisdom

1.Square meals often make round people.
2.You Cant Argue With Stupitity!
3.an Eye for and Eye(and while your at it take 2)
4.All Hail Little Dude

indians in civ2 (go figure) are very expansionistic and warlike. in most cases, the leader has no effect on that. yes, that is very ironic though. indians are one of the biggest thorns, civ thorns, that is, in my side, next to french and vikings.

in an earlier game I was bored so I nuked the Mongols who had just discovered code of laws. It was their last city in Greenland. that ended my turn and between turns the Barbarians came and took over the city ending the game. So the Barbarians ended the game causing me to win.

------------------
let the defenders create an army atttacks are inaccurate.

It would be funny if the barbarians took over the entire world! next game I might try and get the barbarian to take over the world by beating up on everybody else with nukes and nukes then once the barbarians own all other civs I will just abandan all my cities and let the barbarians in!

A BARBARIAN VICTORY!!!!

------------------
The people in my cool book
1.Thunderfall
2.Steller
3.haken
4.CornMaster
5.Blitz
6.GengisGreg

[This message has been edited by vanillacube (edited December 15, 2000).]

Originally posted by vanillacube:
It would be funny if the barbarians took over the entire world! next game I might try and get the barbarian to take over the world by beating up on everybody else with nukes and nukes then once the barbarians own all other civs I will just abandan all my cities and let the barbarians in!

A BARBARIAN VICTORY!!!!

I might try that too. That would be funny!!!! And it's CornMaster not cornmaster

------------------
"I'm too out of shape for a long fight so I'll have to kill you fast"
"If LESS is MORE just imagine how much MORE, MORE would be!!!"
I AM CANADIAN!
CornEmpire Index
My Civ 2 Scenario Page.

Your name has been changed to CornMaster in my book!

------------------
1.Thunderfall
2.Steller
3.Håkan
4.CornMaster
5.Blitz
6.GengisGreg
7.Warlord56

HEy Vanilla, why aren't I in your cool book?

Because CornMaster is in my Cool book and Right now you have a Battle going with CornMaster.
I had to chose one!
the next year is when I will evaluate who is in my cool book and you might make the cut next year!

------------------
1.Thunderfall
2.Steller
3.Håkan
4.CornMaster
5.Blitz
6.GengisGreg
7.Warlord56

Originally posted by vanillacube:
Hi GengisGreg I would Just like to say that you have a very creative name for that you are now in my cool book!

Okay... what's your 'cool book' all about? I think I missed something. Do I get any special perks or anthing like that <he asked hopefully>?

Greg

Top Bottom