The 10 dumbest quotes of 2003

Originally posted by Peri
Aww they missed out the 'known knowns' by Donny.

Isn't that number two on the list?

I think Mr. Al Sahaf should have gotten the first 3 places at least. BTW, I hear they will hire him to do sports commentary ...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"My vision is to make the most diverse state on earth, and we have people from every planet on the earth in this state. We have the sons and daughters of every, of people from every planet, of every country on earth." —Former California Gov. Gray Davis, during the recall campaign

Did this guy forget his speech the way he wrote it down? Or is the US government not giving all of it's Roswell info away?

That was brilliant. Absolutly brilliant. :D

Originally posted by DvR
:lol: :lol: :lol:

"My vision is to make the most diverse state on earth, and we have people from every planet on the earth in this state. We have the sons and daughters of every, of people from every planet, of every country on earth." —Former California Gov. Gray Davis, during the recall campaign

Did this guy forget his speech the way he wrote it down? Or is the US government not giving all of it's Roswell info away?

During the cold war CIA thought of many ways to make Castro look foolish during his speech.. One of them was to put drugs in his cigar.. Perhaps someone felt it would be time to try it out in real life :ack:

(Democrats smoke cigars.. Even if they say they dont, they DO just look at Clinton)

I think the Rummy quote is the funniest because I can actually get what he's saying, but he mangled it so badly. :lol:

BTW there is a great joke article in the New Yorker a while ago that has Rumsfeld talking about eating in a diner and skipping out on the bill.

Originally posted by Phantom Lord
Gotta love this plan ... :eek:

Comedy is hardly a source for "dumbest quotes" as it is meant to be silly. There are plenty of real quotes worth a good chuckle.

Kind of sad actually, this year has been rather sparse in terms of funny political quotes. None of those can compare to:

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any Governor, and that one word is 'to-be-prepared'."

- Governor George W. Bush

"The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country."

- George W. Bush

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."

- George W. Bush

"I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future."

"The future will be better tomorrow."

"We're going to have the best educated American people in the world."

"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe."

"Public speaking is very easy."

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."

"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur."

"For NASA, space is still a high priority."

"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children."

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."

"It's time for the human race to enter the solar system."

“It is white.”

- G.W. Bush (when asked what the White House is like by a student at Morningside Primary School in East London.)

"First, we would not accept a treaty that would not have been ratified, nor a treaty that I thought made sense for the country."

- G.W. Bush (on the Kyoto accord)

“We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end.”

- G.W. Bush

"Those of us who spent time in the agricultural sector and in the heartland, we understand how unfair the death penalty is."

- G.W. Bush

"My pro-life position is I believe there's life. It's not necessarily based in religion. I think there's a life there, therefore the notion of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness."

- G.W. Bush

"The California crunch really is the result of not enough power-generating plants and then not enough power to power the power of generating plants."

- G.W. Bush

"They misunderestimated me."

- G.W. Bush

"I don't need to be subliminabable"

- G.W. Bush

"I understand small business growth. I was one."

- G.W. Bush

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."

- G.W. Bush

"There's an old saying in Tennessee. I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee. It says fool me once... shame on... uh... shame on... you. Fool me can't get fooled again!"

- G. W. Bush

Didn't bush admit he had done drugs in the past... I believe I remember that he did well see it isn't him saying those things its the drugs.

Hes a great guy but I think his tounge doesn't work right and is a few hours ahead of his brain.

On topic the best has got to be the Sadam one.

My favorite is: "George Bush was not elected by a majority of the voters in the United States. He was appointed by God." —Lt. Gen. William Boykin, the defense undersecretary in charge of hunting down top terrorists in Iraq and Afghanistan

P.S. Can anyone describe which fish Nemo is, I want a $50 gift card.

edit: VVVV It's a joke. I was making fun of how easy the question was in the pop up.

"I triple guarantee you. There are no American infidels in Baghdad." —Iraqi Information Minister Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf (AKA "Baghdad Bob")

LOL, :lol: I always thought it was funny when this guy was brought up. He definetly gets this award as #1. :lol:

@Pontiuh:

I've read some of your Bush quotes as Dan Quayle quotes, so I think many of them could be wrong (whether others appears to be rather valid)

Top Bottom