The 2018 NFL OffSeason Thread

Indeed, time will tell. Just like time will tell if the corner finally turned in Cleveland. But I'm not holding my breath for either one.

The Jets put up a reasonable win/loss ratio last year even when all the “critics” were agreeing they were the worst team before the season started, and how “this time it’s different” for Cleveland because of how well they drafted.

I highly doubt Sam Darnold would perform any worse than McCown. Especially as he gets more experienced. But the point is even his rookie year he won’t be bad. He’s the most complete QB in the draft, and the odds of him starting off by being at least as good as McCown, even in his rookie season, are decent. And the fact that McCown put up decent number with the Jets despite him being a second rate QB says more about the Jets offensive system than it does about McCown. The Jets made the playoffs (even beating the Patriots) with Mark freaking Sanchez. You are not giving them enough credit. Why you have more in Cleveland blows my mind. Come on, you’re smarter than that.

Finally, there actually is SOME possiblity that Darnold sits his first year... they have Teddy Bridgewater, remember?

Cake, you are actually making my point. Yes, they "made the playoffs with Mark freaking Sanchez." They traded up in the draft...to draft Mark freaking Sanchez just like they have done with Darnold. They and almost everyone else was totally impressed by the potential of Mark freaking Sanchez, just like they are with Darnold.

Maybe everyone was just wrong about Sanchez, and they are now right about Darnold. Or maybe they were right about Sanchez and the Jets ruined him, and they are now about to ruin Darnold. I know what I think is most likely, but time will tell.

I can't find what Mark Sanchez's scouting report grade was. Maybe this is before they did it? Idk. Note that Sam Darnold's grade (7 out of 10) is the highest grade since the 2012 draft... and guess who that was? Andrew Luck, who they are comparing him to (like I said before).

Mark Sanchez had only been a starter for one year in college. Sam Darnold is coming in with double that experience. He's not perfect but has the highest floor of any QB in this draft. He is the most capable from day 1. Of course, his ceiling is higher than his floor (as is the case with all of them) but that's not the point. He was the least risky pick you could possibly make from all of these QBs. Even if your assertion of the Jets is true, you can't possibly say they made the wrong choice. It's hard to "ruin" someone who isn't capable of being ruined. Lamar Jackson is the kind of QB that is highly vulnerable to being ruined. Darnold is the opposite.

The Jets can find a way to lower a floor right into the basement.

Pictured: New York Jets planning their draft strategy

Sorry, Owen, but that is far too organized for the Jets.

Without even watching it, just the words "New York Jets planning..." revealed a leap into fantasy.

Interesting that after firing Cable the Seahawks may have changed how they decide who to pick,
but did NOT change from OL being a low priority.

Because the front five is already reasonably talented. Tom Cable uses outdated schemes which aren’t really relevant to modern football. And most of it was Cables fault, some of it wasn’t (not having reasonably good and healthy roster until now) but this is one of the best Olines we will have had in a long time. I feel sorry for the Raiders though.

Josh Allen just had his first post-practice presser. Said all the right things.

OK, now we know he can take coaching from the PR guys. Not the highest bar to clear.

He's a step ahead of RG3.

Next up, another Bills rookie got their playbook stolen out of their car. Who leaps immediately to mind as first in the suspect pool?

Spoiler :
New England Patriots. C'mon, pretend that would be unbelievable.

While the "Why would they need to do that to someone whose ineptness is more than sufficient?" retort is at the tip of the tongue, I then remember that there was no electoral need whatever for the Watergate breakin.

While the "Why would they need to do that to someone whose ineptness is more than sufficient?" retort is at the tip of the tongue, I then remember that there was no electoral need whatever for the Watergate breakin.

Cheaters gotta cheat, it's just their nature.

How is tracking and logistically securing a space station (ISS or Tiangong 2) 24/7 around the world like a game of American football?

How is tracking and logistically securing a space station (ISS or Tiangong 2) 24/7 around the world like a game of American football?

No one in the Cleveland Browns front office understands either one?

It would be hilarious if the Golden Knights yank the support (i.e. fanbase) rug out from under the Raiders.

It would be hilarious if the Golden Knights yank the support (i.e. fanbase) rug out from under the Raiders.

Maybe funny, but it's basically impossible. The NHL has minimal impact on the NFL, on its best day.

Besides, the Raiders aren't counting on support from Las Vegas residents anyway. I'll bet that 70% plus of their ticket sales and sponsorship dollars come from Los Angeles. I know a whole bunch of season ticket holders who are totally jazzed about having the drive cut to a reasonable level and having a ton of nice places to stay instead of the Raging Rat Motel in Oakland.

The team without a fan base is the Chargers. Moving them to LA was about as dumb a move as the NFL could have tried. Everybody in LA already hated the Chargers, and when they blocked the return of the Raiders they pretty much moved up to public enemy number one.

Top Bottom