1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The 4th Scenario: speculate!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Montov, May 22, 2012.

1. Montov

Montov King

With the new G+K site of Firaxis up, there are a lot of references to a 4th scenario, which is probably decided recently to put in because the Info page (http://www.civilization5.com/godsandkings/us/info.php) first mentions 4 scenario's, but at the Scenario paragraph they only list the 3 previously known.

What do you think it will be? What do you want it to be?

Personally, I'm hoping som sort of historical reenactment of a famous battle, like D-Day, Operation Market Garden or some other 'modern' battle. I hope some focus on naval warfare, the new units/era and espionage. D-Day could have it all I think.

2. anandus

anandus Errorist

I'm speculating it's a typo ;)

But if there'd be a scenario I'd go for:
    * A WW1-scenario (with all those WW1-units...)
    * The rise of Rome (Carthage? Celts? Come on!)

3. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I'm thinking it is a typo or a vestigial phrase. They may have had 4 planned, but it doesn't seem like they have 4 anymore.

4. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

There is no 4h scenario IMO
    We know all the achievements, and have a couple specific ones for all 3 known scenarios

5. BobDole

BobDole American Leader in Civ VI

Uh, there's no 4th scenario. The end.

6. AbbieRevo

AbbieRevo Non-Voting Delegate

Wow, so much dismissal.

I doubt they would post that there is four scenarios if there weren't going to be four scenarios.

I have no guesses, but I'd be so happy if it was a Great War scenario, or a WWII scenario, or imagine this: a 1914-1950 scenario

7. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Deity

left hand meet right hand. :mischief:

There's not likely a fourth scenario, now, but maybe in some distant past they thought of making a fourth and marketing/2K just decided to use old information.

8. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

The page has been updated: it says three scenarios now.

9. GenjiKhan

GenjiKhan Emperor

It seems that this 4th scenario might be one of the bonus for those who pre-order G&K . And I guess that this scenario is related to a dlc civ .

10. Raiki

Raiki Warlord

Actually, it hasn't. Yes, the part that talks about Three New Scenarios at the bottom only mentions three, but if you look under the Expanded Epic Game heading, the last sentence clearly says "four new scenarios".

Put me down in the "it will be part of a DLC Civ that might be added as a pre-order bonus" camp.

~R~

11. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

Ah, I was looking above in the Overview section, which also says three scenarios.

12. Al-Iskander

Al-Iskander Warlord

I would really like an official TSL Earth Map that doesn't break with every other new patch.

(Srsly - I love and admire all the work that the community people have put in to making TSL maps, but they keep exploding :( )

13. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

The overview says 3 original scenarios. The Expanded Epic Game Feature says 4 new scenarios. Perhaps the fourth one is new, but not original. Maybe it's one from a previous DLC.

14. Gali

Gali Prince

If its from dlc its probably the Spain scenario, since they include the civ, though that would really kill the value of the inca dlc. Probably just a cut feature they are very slowly correcting.

15. DemonMaster

DemonMaster A.K.A. Fenhorn

The wikipedia mentions:
    "Additionally, Spain under Isabella, and Mongolia under Genghis Khan, both previously released as DLC in Civilization V"
    So it can be the Mongol scenario that they meant.

Edit: And that they realized was free anyway so they stopped mention it.

16. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

Exactly what I am hoping for! What an ingenious idea to gather up happy customers like myself. May we come out the woodwork in hundreds and thousands!

17. Liex

Liex King

A WWI scenario would be nice, indeed.

18. aluelkdf

aluelkdf Prince

Due to the large number of new WWI era units, I think it will be a WWI scenario. It will probably be the most in depth and detailed scenario, so they are kepping it a scret until release to surprise us. I played a WWI mod for civ 4 once, it was probably the funnest mod I've ever played.

19. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

Whilst it's "just not my era" (being stuck in ancient and medieval times), I have to admit that the amount of WW1 units do lend to a DLC scenario. I wonder if it's to help encourage more modding?

20. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

They have essentially revealed all of the major information about the game already. I doubt they're holding out on one scenario. They would've used it to promote the game.