, the 9th City - To the n'th degree...

Did we make city eight yet? It would be nice if its location was marked on the screenie above.

For anyone else who does not know...City 8 is set to be made 1E of the Corn (1NE of the highlighted warrior in the upper screenie). Location of city 8 is also discussed at length in the "Ocho" thread. Cavscout posted a nice screenshot of the city site (in red IIRC) as well as a proposed site for the whale/gold city, on one of the last two pages of that thread.

So that should provide a nice frame of reference to discuss city 9.

I would lean toward the fish city next. But only after we have enough ships to feel safe working the fish. We should also found it and move up a WB at the same time.

A city with fish will be able to grow and develop faster right out of the gates by working the fish.

The proposed gold city will be better long term - but right now we are a bit short on workers anyway.

I would lean toward the fish city next. But only after we have enough ships to feel safe working the fish. We should also found it and move up a WB at the same time.

A city with fish will be able to grow and develop faster right out of the gates by working the fish.

The proposed gold city will be better long term - but right now we are a bit short on workers anyway.
We're already building a settler in Aktau for the fish city, it will be ready in a couple of turns with enough overflow to finish a wb next turn.

SANCTA can immediately destroy the wb with their Trireme but then we can attack it with our two Triremes. So it will act as bait.

This is the main reason why a ceasefire with SANCTA could be useful for us at this time. Give us time to develop the city a bit.

huh? I thought the settler we were building in Aktau was for city 8 next to the corn.

EDIT: nvm, i see that we already have a settler heading there. For this next one i'm leaning towards the gold/whale spot since it's safely away from SANCTA. But I think we should follow up with a city 10 right after 8 and 9... so as long as we can defend it I guess the fish spot next is fine.

I'm only going for the fish spot now because everyone said we wanted a city by the fish spot.

It will help us defend the front and we can launch an assault from there quicker and safer too (our ship can't get attacked in the city)

As to using the fish for bait. We should really try to have 3 Triremes to be on the safe side. Their is also a good chance Sancta will have gotten another Trireme into the area by now.

Top Bottom