The Affinities of Civilization: Beyond Earth: Purity

Love the unit designs. :goodjob:

What are we going to see next? Supremacy or Harmony Units?

Excellent! And very insightful concept art. Hopefully those red stripes are just player colour, and therefore variable.

Supremacy next, please. Nobody cares about space hippy traitors. :p

Just kidding!

Excellent! And very insightful concept art. Hopefully those red stripes are just player colour, and therefore variable.

Supremacy next, please. Nobody cares about space hippy traitors. :p

Just kidding!

The only thing they said about colors is:

We looked at a lot of images from our modern military when designing the units for Purity. We were able to use this pretty effectively for Purity because the tan and dirt-like colors emphasize the Affinity’s attachment to Earth.

So I am betting that yes, the red stripes are a faction specific color. But I found this tidbit interesting:

Floating tanks look more like floating fortresses. They move slowly, but they don’t suffer from the same environmental move penalties of a typical ground unit. Your enemy will not see a more terrifying sight than an army of floating tanks crossing the ocean.

So now I can have a strong army and navy at the same time! Amphibious invasions have never been easier and for any would be James Camerons out there, I am pretty sure that tank is arrow-proof. :viking:

That's amazing! Those units models would make great action figures. I want a mini floating cavalry!

Also, is the cavalry line = tank line?

Love the unit designs. :goodjob:

What are we going to see next? Supremacy or Harmony Units?

I did not expect to see those images in the thread so quickly! Those were a surprise for the blog readers! :p

Now to decide whether or not to reveal which Affinity will be shown next....:mischief:

Oooh, I do like the unit art, as with the concept art for the Tier 3 ships, it really "gets" the affinity.

The only thing that stands out is perhaps that the change is a bit "abrupt", I expected Tier 3 to have more "unaligned" design cues, but not a big deal.

Also, is the cavalry line = tank line?
I'm guessing that's the case, and also that it's named "cavalry" to encompass whatever the other affinities will field in the same category. Likely xeno monstrosities for Harmony, and maybe sleek mechs for Supremacy. Though an earlier screenshot did show Supremacists fielding tank-like cavalry at, I'm guessing again, level 2.

There's a drastic shift in style between levels 2 and 3, which might hint at a major mid-game defining event, affinity-wise.

I'm guessing that's the case, and also that it's named "cavalry" to encompass whatever the other affinities will field in the same category. Likely xeno monstrosities for Harmony, and maybe sleek mechs for Supremacy. Though an earlier screenshot did show Supremacists fielding tank-like cavalry at, I'm guessing again, level 2.

There's a drastic shift in style between levels 2 and 3, which might hint at a major mid-game defining event, affinity-wise.

I suspect that the first two tiers are readily accessible to all affinities but 3 is probably deep enough in the tree that it precludes getting tier 3 Calvary (or whatever) in another affinity.

The tier 4 soldiers have a master chief look...Hey, they didn't reveal the "air force"!
I wonder if you can build the grav ships of yesteryear...

The tier 4 soldiers have a master chief look...Hey, they didn't reveal the "air force"!
I wonder if you can build the grav ships of yesteryear...
Master Chief is a Doomguy knockoff, and these soldiers look more like the latter. :p

The level 4 trooper looks like a veritable 7-foot-tall supersoldier compared to his predecessors.

As for the air fighters, they revealed one level for Purity, presumably 3.

I'm hoping for more military unit types than just four, though. Submarines, lighter vehicles, air transports, maybe specialized infantry and affinity units unique beyond appearance and under-the-hood upgrades.

I did not expect to see those images in the thread so quickly! Those were a surprise for the blog readers! :p

Now to decide whether or not to reveal which Affinity will be shown next....:mischief:

I am sorry, please forgive me. :bowdown:

Oh, I am only teasing! ^_^

I know. :)

So, what are the odds we will be seeing Harmony units next as the recent PC Gamer article already gave us some screenshots of Supremacy tanks and infantry?

Those screenshots show cavalry and infantry. Will certain resources be needed to make them?

I'm hoping for more military unit types than just four, though. Submarines, lighter vehicles, air transports, maybe specialized infantry and affinity units unique beyond appearance and under-the-hood upgrades.

They did show us the Purity line of Marine awhile back, which looks different from the Soldier line. So I suspect there will be a fair number of unit classes.

Top Bottom