The AI got really aggressive with the patch..

somepunkkid

Chieftain
I'm playing on Warlord as Korea to sharpen up since I haven't played in a while, Get Monty, Bismarck, Wu Zetian, Caesar, and Darius as neighbors on a huge continents plus 22 civ game. Monty declares on me early on, which I was expecting, then I spent the next 100 turns fighting off the other four with an archer.

I was only able to get one other city up before they expanded right towards me, so now I'm trapped in the middle of everyone, lol.

In my three current games in the beginning, I can't breathe without being attacked within the first 30-40 turns. It doesn't matter who it is, they're coming for me from all directions.

The only time I ever get attacked like this is if I have no army. I always try to build one or two warriors within the first 50 turns.

Another reason this probably happened is the number of civs in the game. The more civs you have, the less land there is available so the more likely it is there is going to be early conflict.

If you start out scout/warrior/warrior you wont be attacked. Imagine that...

You cannot go spamming wonders and workers and expect the AI to just leave you alone.

If you start out scout/warrior/warrior you wont be attacked. Imagine that...

You cannot go spamming wonders and workers and expect the AI to just leave you alone.

As of the the current patch, I prefer scout/warrior/archer (due the cost reduction of the archer). With the recent DLC, that dovetails nicely into ToA/Hanging Gardens.

I like it. Finding Immortal to be a challenge.. Everything under is fairly easy, kind of forces me down a IW>Luxury>Steel route though.

Top Bottom