1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The AI is ok? Really?! Then watch this.

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Noob-ish, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Noob-ish

Noob-ish Chieftain

The military A.I. in this game is clearly broken. Many other things are, well... <deleted>. So to prove my point i present to you the following lets play by themeinteam.

Why is his opinion of any importance? Seriously did you actually ask yourself that question?! If you did then you are probably one of those that just reply to criticism of the game by saying "stop whining". I could go on, but i dont want to start a flame war.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0v8zb6wfKU&feature=related

Just listen to his enthusiasm! LOL!

note. I doubt he will even bother continuing, he even says so himself, its THAT bad.

Moderator Action: Please watch your language
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

2. Ultimate_Waffle

Ultimate_Waffle The soul devourer.

Stop whining.

3. Strumpet

Strumpet Chieftain

Stop whining.

Oh, and I don't think anyone thinks the A.I. is ok, so you are preaching to the choir.

4. Flavorable

Flavorable Warlord

Yeah, the AI is the game's greatest flaw, by far.

5. Takeda

Takeda Warlord

6. Noob-ish

Noob-ish Chieftain

Ultimate waffle. I knew when i was writing that was going to be the first reply. I bet you didn't even watch his let play? I seriously don't know how they dared release a game with such a broken AI, especially to such a loyal fan base.

Also, note he's playing on emporer. So don't bother saying "go play a higher difficulty and then tell us what you think".

7. Azazell

Azazell Prince

AI in press version is totally different. AI is more aggresive and unpredictable.

A.I in Final Civ 5 - 5/10
    A.I in Press Civ 5 - 8/10

8. Flavorable

Flavorable Warlord

Did you get hands on with the Press AI? not bashing you, just curious. I keep hearing that the AI was miles better in Press demos.

9. Ultimate_Waffle

Ultimate_Waffle The soul devourer.

I watched the very same let's play this morning. When he said he might plan on not continuing, it was because of a bug that's in the game that makes a permanent peace treaty after a war. When he made peace, the treaty ended as normal. Therefore, he's going to continue the videos.

10. Noob-ish

Noob-ish Chieftain

Azazzel. I really hope you are right! The question would then be, what the hell happened?! If it was deliberate to try and get some new players who have even a chance at winning, then everbody deserves the expansion for free. Also, it would be false advertising! So i should be given my money back too!

11. DalekDavros

DalekDavros Prince

Also, I should be given a free puppy.

12. dannythefool

dannythefool King

The AI is much better when you play less than perfectly, so I have my own theory why the press AI was supposedly better...

Also free puppies are available at your local animal shelter.

13. Noob-ish

Noob-ish Chieftain

Ultimate waffle. Yeah but did you see how easy it was for him! He sounded like he was really struggling to even bother to continue, it was like he was actually hoping the bug would happen so he could stop!

14. Azazell

Azazell Prince

This is screen from press version. In the final version I don`t see anything like this!

15. ZimbuTheMonkey

ZimbuTheMonkey King

Are you sure? How many games have you played and what have you observed?

Could just be variance.

EDIT: Just saw the screenshot. I had Napoleon settle right next to me (in between 3 cities in fact) in one game. In the same game he waged war with me constantly and wiped me out. I don't know if his tactics were smart, but they worked.

16. Noob-ish

Noob-ish Chieftain

Ok. Somebody please post a screenshot of one of your games where the AI is actually using its military units as shown in the press release. Please.

17. Azazell

Azazell Prince

In Press version, I played hmm 5-8 the games.. In final - 2 games and I see many bugs in A.I

Sorry I haven`t more screens from this battle. It's been so long .. At the beginning of August

--
    Why AI - worker`s send to war?? :D Is so stupid! Why do nations give all his wealth (own cities, resources, gold etc.) - THis is serious bugs! I haven`t seen this problems, when I played press version. Really!

18. ZimbuTheMonkey

ZimbuTheMonkey King

Not belittling your experience or your skill in playing Civ, but that seems like a very small sample size to me.

You can't definitely say that your observations were not due to variance. That being said, I'm all for better AI so I hope future patches spruce it up.

19. Noob-ish

Noob-ish Chieftain

On a COMPLETELY other matter, Azazzel, You are one lucky ******* How come Polish women are soo god damn friggin beautiful?! I saw one today and i simply couldnt get my friggin jaw off the floor. I thought i had just died and gone to heaven LOL.

20. Noob-ish

Noob-ish Chieftain

Azazzell. Do you think they did it intentionally?