1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The AI is so bad; is this game doomed?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Dida, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Dida

Dida YHWH

AI is usually bad in every civ game, but I feel civ6 AI is in a league of its own. Perhaps this is due to the increased complexity, or perhaps Firaxis paid no attention to AI because, unlike shiny graphics, AI doesn't sell the game, AI in this game is literally brain dead.

I've played a few games where 2-3 AIs never expanded beyond 2 cities, despite there being vast tracts of empty land around them. I've played every civ game and have never seen this level of incompetence. I wonder if this game is salvageable because fixing AI is very tough. This is a shame because I can clearly see the potential in Civ6.

2. Nefelia

Nefelia Prince

The game was rushed. blame the publishers, not the devs. The AI and other issues will be patched.

Fir axis has at least 2 expansions to sell down the line for Civ VI. They are not going to leave Civ VI unattended.

3. brs112

brs112 Chieftain

There are some definite flaws with the AI and markedly more problems than previous games.
    I don't see the problems as unfixable. I've played one game on immortal and several on emperor and have been having a blast. I guess for me, part of the enjoyment of a Civ game is challenging myself to new strategies and to play optimally. I don't think the game will ever be "doomed" from bad AI as long as there are many systems and strategies people can use to challenge themselves.

Nefelia and TruthfulCake like this.
  4. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

They will fix the problems. These guys know what they are doing. I stopped playing the game for now. After a patch I'll give it another go.

5. Ozisl

Ozisl Warlord

They will address it, mods will fix parts of it until then.

Civ games have lately been lackluster until the first expansion, so I'm not surprised. If it isn't a MMO or similarly charged games, I'm willing to be a bit more patient. The game will still be there and still be already owned in a month. Until then... EU4 or Titanfall 2 or Dishonored or whatever will donate some attention span diversions.