the AI just dont care anymore

topfoxrider

Chieftain
It seems that whenever I ask a Civ to do something, like don't spread your religion to my cities (particularly this), don't spy on me, etc, they always agree to stop but not only do they not stop but they continue their behavior on a much more extreme scale.

Two games ago I told Ghandi, who wasn't even on the same continent, to stop spreading his religion to my city. He agrees to stop but the next thing I know a great prophet backed by at least 3 missionaries hit my cities once every 20 turns. It go so bad that I had to mobilize my military and workers to stop them from spreading their religion. Yet they still kept at it and eventually I had to declare war on my friend Ghandi, causing everyone in the world to denounce me.

And in my current marathon game I told two people to stop spying on me but about 10 turns later they manage to steal another tech. It shouldnt even be possible to steal tech in 10 turns in marathon....

The AI is so damn broken. Please fix your game.

This has been normal Civ V AI behavior since release (it almost always says it will stop but does so anyway); blame the original designer who thought it would be more fun if the AI acted to the human like humans normally do to the AI.

Either buy Inquisitors and park them to protect your cities and/or use unit walls if you don't want AI Great Prophets just like you need to have military stationed where you want your future cities to be if you don't want the AI founding a city one or two tiles away from where you want to settle.

It would seem that Gandhi values converting your cities over his friendship with you, especially so that you agreed to a DOF. That's why you should only agree to DOF if it benefits you, and not the AI.
To counteract spys you need to park one in the city they are stealing from, even that won't stop them trying especially if a DOF is in place. If you are the tech leader build some advanced units making your pointy sticks score a lot higher then theirs.

Or you could have, you know, waited till your Declaration of Friendship ended before declaring war on him?

There are moments when the AI does listen. Just last game Rameses had a Missionary convert one of my cities, and two more and a prophet were coming. I tell him to stop, and he listened and sent his army of preachers south instead. I also had Boudicca agree to not settle near me anymore. So it's a bit fluctuating, really, sometimes they do work, sometimes they'll give you the finger.

Asking the AI to stop spamming does work sometimes. I've been religion spammed a squillion times. Most often I just take their heads and a city after the war :)

Top Bottom