The AI Spreading Religion

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Soltan Gris, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Soltan Gris

Soltan Gris Chieftain

Was playing a game today as Poland, got stuck on a small continent with William. We both founded a religion, although he went piety. After converting a couple of my cities I asked him to stop spreading his religion and he agreed, only to do it a half a dozen more times, taking me to 0 cities of my own religion. After a while my Holy City went back to my religion and I was able to get an inquisitor up.

My question is did William receive negative diplo modifiers for breaking his word to me? He never got denounced. I did end up wiping him out entirely out of frustration, but we were at one point in a DoF during some of what was a very chaotic game (Zulu, Japan, Babylon, and Soshone).

Or is the hit so minor that it wouldn't likely be the sole cause of a denunciation?

2. FeiLing

FeiLing Deity

Diplomacy in CiV: It's you vs the AIs.
    (Them warring each other every other turn is just for training purposes).
    [They can declare war and break their words as much as they want with everything really except attacking you while you have a declaration of friendship (backstabbing) - that actually makes most of the other AIs hate them].

3. Jampine

Jampine Warlord

oh god, the AI spreading religion is crazy :/ One time, I was next to Theodora who chose perks such as cheaper missionary and stronger conversions as well as faster spread, and she must have had quite high faith production, as she had at least 5 missionaries at any time. For some reason, the AI seems to put quite a lot of effort into religions, evidenced by the amount of them picking piety from the start. However, this does mean some do tend to forget to put enough effort into their army, and well, you get the rest :mischief:

4. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

With BNW; with a 4 city empire, you need at least 2 Inquisitors if you don't want to run the risk of a city flipping to a bad religion for a single turn. And if your in danger of forming an unwanted Prophet right before Industrial era, a 3rd Inquisitor would be useful for more than just saving several hundred faith points as progress to first faith based GE / GS.

5. Prof. Platypus

Prof. Platypus Chieftain

Boudicca is the worst! always converts my cities, and usually shes not even a superpower, like i could wipe her of the planet, shes just so annoying!