[GS] The AI STILL does it's NO, but YES if you give me 1 gold diplo deals!?

Dearmad

Dead weight
This isn't fixed? I just asked for an alliance and some oranges to sweeten the deal. Sweden said no. I said, "make the offer better." She said give me 1gp.

For real!? This has been since last year... wtf!?

How do I even modify my play so that the deal is more reasonable without giving away too much... agh!

Maybe she already has oranges from another civ and you're giving her what she doesn't want. In which case, 1gp is still something.

Case in point:
Is this a scenario or do you use some mod, which adds gold luxury?

Anyway, yes, when AI is friendly it will sell open borders for 1 gold. And it will join your war for 1 gold, if the target is weaker. Diplomacy and deals need further balancing.

If all AI offers for a luxury is 1 gpt after "what would it take", usually that means that it has that luxury, although you may not be able to see it using stock UI. I can recommend using Concise UI mod, download it from the Steam Workshop, then you'll be able to see if you or the AI already has the luxury or not, also you'll be able to finetune and make a trade deal so much faster.

For real!? This has been since last year... wtf!?
I pesonally think this is fine and can even be as designed. The AI needs to feel they are not giving something away for free or that the deal gives more benefit for them.
Both open borders but you have to give 1GP is the type of act I see in the real world.

I think the wording of this thread is a bit confusing, because at first read, I got the impression it was regarding a bug, where in fact it seems more to be a balance question.

Anyway, I think I agree with OP that AI still seems to be completely off in valuing things. It may be working as intended for all it's worth (hence why I call it a balance question more than a bug), but it's definitely silly that the AI sells you open borders for 1 gold (not 1 GPT, but 1 gold), because that's just way too cheap for the advantage that open borders give you. And prices don't even seem to scale noteworthy with game length, I can be in Industrial Era and have a gold income of several hundred GPT, and AI still asks me for a flat price of 20 gold for open borders.

And I also agree that once you get them to accept friendship - which can be easy or difficult depending on the individual and the circumstances - they seem to universally be willing to form an alliance with you, which also seems a bit silly.

I pesonally think this is fine and can even be as designed. The AI needs to feel they are not giving something away for free or that the deal gives more benefit for them.
Both open borders but you have to give 1GP is the type of act I see in the real world.

I got the open borders, he didn't. I paid 1 gold to wander through his lands- he and I have never been friends.

mr.radar: just a simple add gold into the mix mod. makes it like any other luxury resource.

Yeah, it's dumb and as a design, indefensible. Doesn't matter if they're friends or not. Learn to round down for pete's sake.

Preach on.

Top Bottom