1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The AI "THINKS" on Sid!!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by axehaxe, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Elear

Elear Aux armes citoyens

Y'all just be thankful that the Sid AI can't actually think (well)...

2. Nithron

Nithron Chieftain

If the Sid AI could think, the game would be over in a matter of a couple turns.

3. Elear

Elear Aux armes citoyens

Yes, they'd realize they could destroy you :)

4. Sir_Lancelot

Sir_Lancelot Emperor

So you say it was easy to make an unbeatable chess program? No, it was difficult as I said. I don't know how many labor hours they spent writing the first "unbeatable" program, but I'm sure it was hard work. The really good chess programs are not very old I think. The first good I remember is "Deep Blue", I don't remember how old it is now, but it's not that old.

And are the best programs today really unbeatable? Completely? I believe nobody knows for sure.

5. Noise

Noise Chieftain

The Sid AI is the same stupid AI used for warlord ;) It just gets crazy bonus's that allow it to support 20 units per city.

6. AutomatedTeller

AutomatedTeller Frequent poster

And can build those units a little more than 3 times faster than on chieftain, plus it gets 2 free settlers and some 20 other free units, plus their cities grow 40% faster!

7. dbslikacheung

dbslikacheung Chieftain

obviously, AI may not just "think" but "cheat" sometimes XDD

8. Theryman

Theryman King

Definitely not! The best Chess computer to date is the 'Hydra,' unless I am mistaken. The Hydra has lost many games, although it has won many more. Still very good.

The best strategy to defeat a computer, I understand, is to play extremely conservatively, for an advantage very far in the future, so far that the computer has not yet thought of it.

9. Crazyluke

Crazyluke Chieftain

Mhm, and use an opening that is not part of its pre-programmed knowledge. You have to block the field with pawns so the computer cannot use its advantage in tactical thinking.