The Alexander the Great Project!

That LH looks absolutely amazing! Unlike the earlier leader, this one really looks like he could be the king-pharaoh of Greece, Egypt, Mesopotamia and Persia. This really opens up possibilities for him.

What I didn't like all that much was how his right hand wasn't nearly visible at all and how his mouth seemed awfully small and odd-looking upon refusing a demand, but those are minor flaws. I'd still give this A+. Most of his movements looked really fine, too. I dislike how some movements seem to be over-represented (Augustus and Alexander) but with this one it looked really natural. I don't know how much ZR's movements are really used among leaderheads, though.

PS. One more thing I'd like to add... normally when I look at leaderheads, I find them either too brightly colored or shiny in comparison to the background which often degrades them in my eyes, but despite both of those virtues being visible in this new Alexander, you made them fit him perfectly by placing him outside in the evening sun. What a brilliant use of background and colors!

i'm glad to seeing people try it. capo are you logging the necessary fixes? :D if they can be resolved then lets work it. then upload it to the db.

I've already started toying around with some of the lighting, I'll make it look better and then I'll show you what it looks like.

Delete this. I posted in the wrong thread.

I actually think with the gloss/shine turned all the way down the LH has enough of a "bright" quality that it looks really good to me. This is the Alex I will personally use, at least the texturing. I think it looks good like this, what are your thoughts?

I actually think with the gloss/shine turned all the way down the LH has enough of a "bright" quality that it looks really good to me. This is the Alex I will personally use, at least the texturing. I think it looks good like this, what are your thoughts?

Perfect. Just perfect. I think that's also the texturing I'll use too.

looks fine too me. i added the gloss because i though you wanted some glorious look.

Well I did, but when I saw the outcome I didn't like it that much. There are some problems though that I noticed. I started up a random game to see how it goes and of all the leaders I got I was Persia and it selected Darius (I know it isn't supposed to be the same one, but it was still funny). If you look at the screenshot I posted there looks to be an area between the white and scaled part of his armor. Notice it? Near the sleeve.

Then there is the one where he places his hand underneath his sword. I don't know what this animation was supposed to be originally, but I think if we made it so his hand went over the handle of his sword that would look cool. Other than that its pretty awesome right now. After those two Greek LHs (well three I guess), and Bakuel's units, this LH really squares out the Greek graphic files.

If you look at the screenshot I posted there looks to be an area between the white and scaled part of his armor. Notice it? Near the sleeve.

yeah i tried adjusting that, i can try again but...
Then there is the one where he places his hand underneath his sword. I don't know what this animation was supposed to be originally, but I think if we made it so his hand went over the handle of his sword that would look cool. Other than that its pretty awesome right now. After those two Greek LHs (well three I guess), and Bakuel's units, this LH really squares out the Greek graphic files.

thats the cautious animation thta i hope coyote can fix later on. i took a look at his animation tutorial and couldn't figure how to edit it. unless i get a breakthrough before Coyote can help I'll post it.

Just posting to say that it looks awesome! I can't wait to replace the vanilla Alexander with this one.

A question on the hair color, I thought that both the brown and blonde textures where going to available for download? If not they should be as they are both very well made and the person can choose themselves.

Just posting to say that it looks awesome! I can't wait to replace the vanilla Alexander with this one.

A question on the hair color, I thought that both the brown and blonde textures where going to available for download? If not they should be as they are both very well made and the person can choose themselves.

Yeah they are, I just said that was the Alex I am going to use (simply to explain why it looked different than Ekmek's). I think Rhye was just confused about that aspect.

got a replacement monitor today, so did some work (especially after i saw Bakuel released his units),

-changes the cautious animation
-created a shader version (imo could be improvement by better light positions and better shader textures - i´m not really a expert for this)
-moved the left upper arm back (to match the bone better), to reduce the deformation of the upper arm
- added transparency ot the helm

the blend.zip is for Ekmek (or everybody else, who wants to play a bit more with the lh in Blender), in the other zip are both nifs, all textures i used (!= all) and the changed cautious animation (not sure if i changed something in the non shader version)

please make a massive test of the shader version in game, had some crashes with this file before i caught some errors - afterwards not, but would be nice to be as sure as possible before the official release of the lh

Attachments

• blend.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 68
  • new_files.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 70
HOLY CRAP!

That is awesome work Coyote!!!!!

In civilopedia there seemed like a lag but your greeting and cautious animations worked great so there shouldn't be problems but I'll post it here for testing and when Capo feels ready I'll let him post it in the DB.

Attached is a picture with the awesome new lighting (and the far right pic is where the hand goes now in the cautious anim)

That's awesome!
The Coyote's lighting really brings the leaderhead together and gives it a professional quality. Before it was very good, now it's practically perfect.

I like the zip file name Ekmek. :mischief:

Alright, well what do you want me to do? I could make buttons for each possible version (Blonde two eyes, blonde blue eyes, brown blue eyes, brown two eyes) and other than that is there anything else I really need to do?

EDIT: I'm an idiot, the buttons should probably be Blonde w. Silver armor, blonde w. gold armor, brunette w. silver armor, brunette w. gold armor. The eyes are probably not noticeable from the button perspective.

Top Bottom