1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Alexander the Great Project!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by The Capo, May 24, 2009.

1. The_Coyote

The_Coyote Emperor

no idea, you better know what is in the upload - i changed the blond / blue / silver textures i use (incl. the mountain background) and the one in the extra art folder from the dl. did i miss some textures :confused:

(and beside the resize of the spec / emsk / mountain background textures all textures still have the old size [btw must also upload changed version of the not resized ones - even with this textures the lh should be ~ 9 MB] - so it´s a kind of optimization [and not a wild axing of things or texture quality] - just using a better compress format for the textures)

edit: attached the not resized emsk, spec and mountains bg textures (also the checked the folder and didn´t saw a missing texture :confused: )

Attached Files:

2. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Just wanted to say Alexandros Magnos looks amazing.:goodjob:

3. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

Amazing work. Thumbs up! :goodjob:
    But now as you removed the laurels from Alex and made him look kind of more warlike, what about doing the same to Julius Ceasar. He definetly needs golden laurels and a roman armor under his cape, not that simple cloak. Also, he looks a bit thin. I guess i ceasar like this would be more fit, and maybe in front of this picture of the Roman Forum or this roman legion.

Anyway, thanks again for a fantastic alexander LH, going right into my game ;)

4. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

This is actually something I have thought myself. I might just do that but at this point I am quite overloaded. If this were to occur it would be during the "add leaders" point in building my new mod. I'll PROBABLY do it, but I don't want to confirm that just yet.

5. veBear

I actually decided to try myself, and thanks to Ekmek's amazing guide to create LH's i think i've done it (exept the part with laurels). Going to test in some minutes.

EDIT: Didn't go wery well. Somehow his eyes and his mouth moved while the body was just standing there, staring into nothing without moving a single muscle.

6. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

Get a screen shot and post it, the nif and the blend in either Ekmek's tutorial or my LH gallery. We'll take a look at it. We'll make an LH maker out of you yet!

7. veBear

Thanks, post it in your's

8. Cybah

Cybah Emperor

any new project? :D

9. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

I think we have dispersed to work on our own projects for a while, I don't see anything on the horizon either. At least not yet.

10. The Almighty dF

The Almighty dF Pharaoh

If I could suggest a Civ4 leader that could benefit from a redone leaderhead, it'd be either Julius Caesar (peaceful looking old man) or Asoka (New Age yogi.)

11. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

Well Ekmek has a few LHs in the works right now, I have a bunch in the works right now (and a mod to work on) and Bernie is, well, he's probably doing something at the moment. The_Coyote seems to be busy all the time, so I doubt we'll do much of anything together right now, at least to the level of Hitler and Alexander.

As far as the new Julius Caesar; VeBear is working on it right now, and it would be mean of me to step on his toes and show him up. Wouldn't it? I mean I already almost did that to Ekmek's Basil II and he wasn't too happy about it.... :mischief:

(I'm joking, I can't hold a candle to Ekmek)

12. The Almighty dF

The Almighty dF Pharaoh

True, can't wait to see VeBear's.
    I wish I could make leaderheads, I'd try to do my own improved Asoka.
    I just really hate the current one. There's just something so silly looking about how they depicted him.

I will say this, though. A few of the vanilla leaderheads are really accurate. Qin Shi Huang (alternate, the one with the hat) and Augustus really stand out. It's kinda hard to fail at Augustus, though. He's Anderson Cooper with a greek cut.

13. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

have you tried?

14. The Almighty dF

The Almighty dF Pharaoh

I tried messing around with one of Capo's leaders to help him texture it, since I -can- do a slight bit of texture work. Even with a few guides open I ended up feeling lost, and gave up.

I might give it a try again, though. Maybe it's easier to start from scratch.

15. Vrenir

Vrenir King

I haven't tried the leaderhead thing yet (so far I've just read through Ekmek's guide), but it took me about four tries to get a decent handle on XML (decent being able to change things without crashing the game). I'm now feeling almost competent there, which is nice. I'm guessing that Blender and Nifscope have similar learning curves. For those of us who have little-to-no experience with graphics, it'll take some tries before we even have any idea what the controls do. But, there are some very helpful people here on these forums, and it seems as good a place to learn a fun and useful skill as any. Best of luck, dF! I may join you in the next few weeks, as I complete my own XML modifications and move forward in my master plan.

16. Freya

Freya Queen of Lurkers

Played Rhys and Fall latest version for the first time today and suddenly this guy comes up!!
    My gosh, i'm totally amazed, it really looks better than a firaxis made-one!
    Congratulations to the team, i really hope to see you guys doing some more team work in the future...

17. funact

funact Chieftain

Help! When i transfer the files it says teh file is broken!!!!!!!!!! What do i do????? Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!

18. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

Calm down buddy! What do you mean by transfer files? Did you place these in the CustomAssets folder? Those are the instructions for installation, and I'm also relatively sure that only BTS supports the CustomAssets folder, but I could be wrong.

19. veBear

My Warlords support Costum Assets, so i dont think it has something with that. To me it is a bigger problem with the patches, as the game wont update by using the main menu. I have to manually download them. Maybe you have a similar problem?

20. Vrenir

Vrenir King

I've been playing with this leaderhead in my game for quite some time now, and I love it. The detailing and animations are almost flawless. In fact, they are completely flawless with one exception - his teeth. Why are Alexander's teeth black or very dark gray? You can only see them in a couple of his animations, but it's a little jarring.