1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Alexander the Great Project!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by The Capo, May 24, 2009.

1. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

He ran out of toothpaste on his campaign.

2. civplayah

civplayah phantasm

Whoa. At first I actually thought he was a real person!

3. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

Any ideas on who to use the old Alexander for? I already have 3 leaders for Greece and i'm against having 4.

I don't have a third Roman leader, he could be a Roman leader, but i'm wondering if anyone has any ideas for maybe a leaderhead for Pheonican, Armenian, Georgian, Assyrian, Akkadian, Gaulic, Germanic, Celtic, Gothic or something. Or perhaps give him a new body, and take away the little grass things on his head (what are they called???) and make him a post-dark ages leader.

4. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

There are a lot of leaderheads based on Alexander. There's a Scottish one (I forgot the name), I made two different Greek alternatives, my Yaroslav LH is actually based on Alexander, I have seen a Turkic or Arab leader based on Alexander, there is an Ivan based on Alexander and I've even seen a Tamerlane. So I'm not sure what exactly you want to hear, but they are out there.

And what exactly do you mean by "post dark-age" leader? I thought that we called that the renaissance.

5. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

I need some ideas on someone. Preferably if an ancient to dark age civ that I listed. (one that i omitted is Baktria, which already uses an Alexander leader). I don't even know what I would like to hear, something. It would be a pitty to get rid of a good leaderhead made by Fireaxis. I'll take a look around, maybe i'll come up with something.

I said, give him a new body, that could be a renaissance leader body, or a modern age suit of some sort. That's why I said post-dark age, as in all the ages after than, including today.

6. achilleszero

achilleszero Emperor

Maybe he means the High Middle Ages, since the dark ages didnt last all the way to the renaisance.

7. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

that to. ;)

8. IgorS

IgorS Your ad could be here!

I don't really understand what you're looking for, but what's wrong with the Capo's suggestion of using the old Alex as Pyrrhus or Antiochus?

9. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

I have 3 leaders for Greece. Alexander, Pericles, and George I.

I dont want any civ to have 4 leaderheads, but I don`t want to discard Fireaxis alexander either. :crazyeye:

10. Vrenir

Vrenir King

Antiochus could be for Babylon if you like, assuming a political and not genetic affiliation.

11. Huayna Capac357

Huayna Capac357 Deity

Hey, if there's Cleopatra for Egypt...;)

12. MadmanOfALeader

MadmanOfALeader Deity

I think, LastOne, that Venizelos would be a better third leader than George I.

13. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

If there is a Venizelos leaderhead, than I would add it.

I am also looking for a Mameluk leader to put in my Egypt Civ instead of Kleopetra...

14. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

I can do a mameluk if you post a request to give me an idea of him ;)

15. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

Problem is, I'm lacking in the History of the Mameluks. :sad: I don't know who would be good.

16. veBear

Then i will do some research myself. Will be up in a month, i think, after i have finsihed and found the problem with Thor and made a compleate new Odin

17. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

I actually think Ekmek's El Cid could pass as a Mameluk leader, especially a militaristic one. With a changed background of course.

18. veBear

I've started on one that i call Baibars. He was the founder of the Bahri Dynasty. I think he could pass for a kind of Agressive - Charismathic leader, but he might also be Agressive - Protective. Here's a shot on how he's going (i used alex body so we can use him for something to). I only have head ready yet. Think i will use Cyrus cape with new texture, but is open for suggestions. I also reworked his cheek. I always hated firaxis alex cheek's. He looks so strange with them i personally think. Apart from that i made his face a bit more round. So here he is right now:

19. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Looks very nice. I thought of Sindbad when looking at him.

20. Vrenir

Vrenir King

That actually looks really really cool. The mustache and Alex head with the turban really go together well. I can't wait to see the rest.