The Altar of Luonnotar and hostility

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Strategy & Tips' started by Zaklog, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Zaklog

Zaklog Chieftain

In the FfH2 wiki, it says that at some point upgrading the Altar of Luonnotar will cause all evil civs to permanently declare war on you. I've gotten past that point (in fact, I'm just waiting to finish omniscience so I can start building final), and when I reached that point, nothing happened immediately. A little later, though, Keelyn, Endain, and Mahalo started growing more hostile for no apparent reason.

Is the wiki entry wrong, or is it some sort of gradual effect, or is there something else going on?

BTW, I don't believe I've said this yet on the forums, but thank you to everyone who spent hours upon unpaid hours working to create this game. It is truly a fantastic accomplishment. I hope all of you go on to be very well-paid game designers and produce other games just as good that I'll get to play later.

2. Derf

Derf Modular Mushroom

I believe what actually happens is that the turn after you give a city build orders for Altar of the Lunnotar (final), the only part that must be build that way instead of by Great Prophet, all Evil civs* will declare war.

*Alignment changes not always counted. A Malakim Decius worshipping Ashen Veil didn't declare war on me, while an Order following Jonas Endian did.

3. avalonnn

avalonnn Prince

I think that everyone declares war on you. However, there's a trick. If you save up enough engineers and gold to build the Altar (or Tower of Mastery) in one turn, nobody declares war on you.

4. Derf

Derf Modular Mushroom

No, it's Tower of Mastery that everyone declares war. Altar of the Lunnotar is Evil only.

5. cabbagemeister

cabbagemeister Please wait...

Evil civs will declare war, but not if they're already in another war.