The Americans Ruining my War

Strong Reaction

Warlord
This somewhat of a question about Strategy & Tips

OK its ~400 BC ancient times. I am at war with Greece. America is wedged between Greece and my Civ. I decided to create a military alliance with America vs. the Greeks. However, for some reason I cannot sign a ROP with the idiot Americans. YES, I have an embassy and they have the Writing tech. I should be able to make one with them but I cannot. Basically, in the Diplomacy dialog there is no ROP option.

I am pissed cuz Greece is building the Statue of Zeus and I want to stop them.

Are there any tweeks I can do to the game files to "fix" this problem?

I think you should just proove yourself to be a good neigbour... Pay them some gold, give them maps, tech... You won't get a ROP if they're annoyed or cautious (Let's hope they're not furious with you, because then you've done something fishy in the past :p )

Yeah, that makes sense. I have went to war against them a few times. Funny, I never noticed that before, needing to have good relations with a for a ROP. I recall making an ROP with civs as part of the peace terms. They were furious with me, but the option was there.

you need an embassy for a RoP.
t_x

Templar X, in his first post he said he had an embassy.

Reaction, I have no idea why it won't allow a ROP.

must have overlooked that. it will be best to simply post the save.
t_x

Too late, I already scrapped the game. I am positive I did not have an ROP. I also know that the ROP option did not come up with other civs too. I defragmented my hard-drive about a week ago and I think perhaps because of that something went screwy with the game. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and started a new one and viola the ROP option is back. Pity I wished I had saved one of the save-games so I could see if the problem carried over to the fresh install.

Top Bottom