The Amurites

Luckmann

Esusian Epicure
Inspired by Valkrionn's '+'-series (Doviello+, Malakim+, etc), I decided to start a 'Amurites+' mod (With the exception that mine would've been FFH, not FF). The problem, of course, being that I'm horrible at modmodding (and modding in general, actually; figure that!) .

So, in reality, this doesn't really have that much to do with modding the Amurites as much as what do you think could be improved? Strictly theoretical, since we all know that FFH is in feature lock.
On a personal level, if I could mod for shizzle apart from very basic things;

1) Amurite Palace to add +2xp to all Arcane units constructed in the same city. Allows the purchase of Spellstaffs by arcane units for 80 Gold.

2) Fold Elder Council and Cave of Ancestors into eachother for a 'Ancestral Council' UB that replaces Elder Council. Requires Mysticism. 360:hammers: (Same as original Cave of Ancestors) instead of Elder Council 180:hammers:. Applies Blur promotion to everyone in the city at the start of every turn.

3) Replace Library with 'Librarium' UB. Identical to Library in every regard, except that Librarium applies Haste promotion to everyone in the city at the start of every turn.

4) Replace Alchemy Lab with 'Transmutational Laboratory' UB. Identical to Alchemy Lab in every regard, except that Transmutation Lab applies Regeneration promotion to everyone in the city at the start of every turn.

5) Replace Mage Guild with 'Wizard Collage' UB. Identical to Mage Guild, except that it adds +1 :) and gives 'Arcane Aptitude' promotion to every unit trained in the city. 'Arcane Aptitude' works as a "magical Mutate" with a chance of adding a single random level 1(common)-2(very rare) spell based on the manatypes available. +80:hammers: on current price (effectively +40:hammers:, since Arcane leaders construct Mage Guild at half cost).

6) Replace Forge with 'Arcane Forge' UB. Functionally identical, except that Arcane Forge applies 'Dance of Blades' promotion to everyone in the city at the start of every turn

7) Firebows to be 4/4 strength instead of 5/4, but starts with Flaming Arrows promotion to compensate (+1 Fire Damage).

8) Cannot build Palisade or Walls.

9) Cannot build Fort. Replaced with a Tower that doesn't grant any extra defense in adjacent squares and only +20% defense on the own tile. Acts as an Ancient Tower, but with 4 squares Truesight. Requires Engineering and Sorcery.

10) Replace Adept with 'Apprentice' UU. Functionally identical, but starts with Kylorin's Legacy (from Fall Flat).

11) Wizard UU, +1 Strength.

12) Replace Archmage with 'Archwizard' UU. Functionally identical, but with +1 Strength.

13) Govannon, free Metamagic 1-3, construct nodes at 600% rate instead of previous 400%. +1 Strength. Gain Kylorin's Legacy.

And that is what I'd do.

You have no idea how much that made me lol. :lol:

Personally, I'd steal all of Iceciro's changes... Makes for an amazing game.:goodjob:

Don't laugh like that, it makes me think that I made a mistake or wrongful assumption somewhere!

I'd take Kylorin's Legacy from Fall Flat Amurites, instead of free Apprentice Metamagic 2, and also give it to Govannon.

I also love the idea of a chance of random spells for all units, with a Wizard Collage. Like a magic mutation. I'm going to update my original post. :D

awesome Luckmann, awesome!

I used number 4 for my modmod and 2;6;12;13 with some modifications. Keep up the great ideas :goodjob:

Doesn't anyone else have an opinion on how the Amurites could or should be improved? :)
awesome Luckmann, awesome!

I used number 4 for my modmod and 2;6;12;13 with some modifications. Keep up the great ideas :goodjob:
Hah, great ideas is all I have, so yeah! :yumyum:
Thanks. :p

Top Bottom