The Ancient Mediterranean - Ethnic Units

Want to congratulate you to your beta release and your awesome work so far. Knowing that comments are the modders 'money' and 'life essence', i want to say that you really impressed me (and i´m more than sure that this not only true for me) with your units - by quantitiy and quality. Thanks for creating them and sharing them here. Wish you good luck with the work still to do for your 'little' project :)

Knowing that comments are the modders 'money' and 'life essence', i want to say that you really impressed me

You hit the target !!! :lol:
Thanks for your compliments

Although this beta release contains 374 different units, nonetheless I'm aware that I still have so much road to walk before I consider myself a true unit maker. Till now I've only joined together mesh and texture parts, transforming existing materials into new units.
I ought to learn modeling from scratch, and may be it will happen soon or later. Recently I've introduced new textures in my latest models, giving them a bit more about originality. I think I've done a huge quantity production, but not a real quality production.
When I'll finish my TAM project, I'll start to produce true historical units, but I need a blender tutorial thread like the one on nifscope that I succesfully used 9 months ago !!! ;)

just one minor thing not related to your ethnic units

If playing with "animations frozen" I get pink model of catapult instead of ram. This happens when the unit is inactive. You can see the issue on attached picture. I have to play animations frozen on ma laptop. Any ideas?

Attachments

• pink_ram.jpg
    pink_ram.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 286
As you read in the first post, I didn't work siege units yet into my EU version.
All not worked units are the same as default, thus I expect that you should have the same issue before installing EU. Nonetheless I'll check it in order to find a quick solution. ;)
Thanks for reporting it :goodjob:

yes you're right it's default TAM minor bug sice the initial bts release AFAIK

I reported it so late because I usually play on my desktop rig - animations on. But you released patch D and EU this weekned so I had to play TAM on my thinkpad...

Hey Ambrox!
If I'm right the only units you didn't make are the heavy/armored infantry units
Completing that one last set is dropped from your project list?

Btw, just to be sure:
All units you finished (almost 600 ethnic units - more than impressive :eek:) are in the latest version of the mod (0.91F), right?

Hey Ambrox!
If I'm right the only units you didn't make are the heavy/armored infantry units
Completing that one last set is dropped from your project list?

Btw, just to be sure:
All units you finished (almost 600 ethnic units - more than impressive :eek:) are in the latest version of the mod (0.91F), right?

Yes, all my units are in the 091F version.
When 091F was released, I was working on armored infantry units. May be it's time I'll complete them :) They will have knight anims (with fixed fading anims) and all meshes are already completed. They only need new textures.

Yes, all my units are in the 091F version.
When 091F was released, I was working on armored infantry units. May be it's time I'll complete them :) They will have knight anims (with fixed fading anims) and all meshes are already completed. They only need new textures.

Sounds great!

@ambrox: Are you still planning to finish your heavy infantry units?

Yes, but without hurry
Atm I'm very busy with civ5 stuff

Of course, no need to hurry
As I said in the other thread, I myself need some time as well before mod anything on TAM

Of course, no need to hurry
As I said in the other thread, I myself need some time as well before mod anything on TAM

AbsintheRed,

once you think you are going to really begin work on something that may involve some testing, give me a headsup, and i will begin retesting the current version to get back up to speed where things are, that way by the time you have something ready to test I can already be in the groove. I have been working with my other Mod Group "Master of Mana" testing there while waiting for TAM to be resurrected again. Thanks.

AbsintheRed,

once you think you are going to really begin work on something that may involve some testing, give me a headsup, and i will begin retesting the current version to get back up to speed where things are, that way by the time you have something ready to test I can already be in the groove. I have been working with my other Mod Group "Master of Mana" testing there while waiting for TAM to be resurrected again. Thanks.

Of course. Ambrox already sent me a PM that you will probably help me in testing and with ideas
Glad you are really up to this :goodjob:

Of course. Ambrox already sent me a PM that you will probably help me in testing and with ideas
Glad you are really up to this :goodjob:

HAHA...... ive been testing TAM for 4 years now or maybe more.... its what I do... haha

HAHA...... ive been testing TAM for 4 years now or maybe more.... its what I do... haha

Cool, I have always liked enthusiastic modders :)

Top Bottom