: The Annals of 7 Kingdoms [take 2]

Well, it would have been released by now if it weren't for the fact that I was having major Artist's Block with the last attack animation... Thankfully I resolved that last night, and should have the unit finished in time to lose the November unit maker's competition.

I'll be going up against Mr. T.... What chance does ANY unit have against that, let alone my technically-flawless-but-lacking-in-artistic-flair units.....

I'll also see about doing a Terra-Cotta and black armored version as well, once I release him.... Also I'll be changing the helmet for that long-hair prop that Utah made, giving him a heroic pose, and exporting him to Bryce to make a PROPER Lord Mi'ihen's Crusaders wonder graphics (I'm currently using Ukas' Crusade for that)

Those are amazing tech screen backgrounds. :eek: I think Yoda Power can make use of those as well. :)

Was that their purpose? I thought of them as tech backgrounds initially. I could use them either way. :)

I was thinking era splashes when I saw them too.

Could you by any change make versions with another name on? ;)

I was thinking era splashes when I saw them too.

Could you by any change make versions with another name on? ;)
I have them set up so that changing the wording would be fairly easy. Just let me know what is wanted.

Thanks to Goldfool I've just seen Bane Star's Hand Drawn Terrain for the first time. While it seems to be an abandoned WIP, with a little work it might be an interesting alternative terrain for this kind of mod. Reminded me of the sumi-e style graphics in the Okami game for PS2.

Ha, Wuxia...ahh..the memories..looks very good, I am not that familiar with Pinyin, so I don't get all the kingdom's name, but from a few that I can tell this is going to be funny, historical accuracy aside, who cares...

Historical accuracy doesn't exist in Wuxia. :p Also, I'm going to meld in some steampunk-ish aspects as well (the fourth era becomes a fusion of wuxia and stampunk a bit similar to the way it was handled in "Jade Empire").

Anyways, I'm back from Seoul for the Lunar New Year ("Seollal" in Korea) and with the rest of the month open, I can get to continuing making the buildings for this mod (as well as Yoda Power's East Asia mod ;) ) and then seriously try my hand in unit making.

Cloner4000 said:
by the way, is the mod drwan on any particular Wuxia fiction? or a mixture of them

A mixture of influences mostly. Also a bit of Chinese, Japanese, and Korean folklore.

BTW, sorry for the bump, but I noticed that you have the Nansei Confederation's leader as "Queen Yuna", and I DO happen to have a model of Yuna from Final Fantasy X (where she's wearing that odd kimono) that I could easily convert into a LH :lol:

Seriously, though, It wouldn't be too much trouble to use her (and, for that matter, give her brown eyes and black hair so she looks more Japanese/Okinawan)

That'd be great. :goodjob: Take as long as you need. My Civ3 disc got damaged when I shipped it back home and so I need to order myself a new one.

This project is being reactivated. "Wake of the Tiger" is kind of on hold because my original biq file (along with most other files) is back in the US...

Decided to alter the lineup a bit and will just simplify the unit lines.

Main Factions:
Celestial Empire
Izumo
Jusin (based somewhat off of the Korean fantasy drama Taewangsasingi)
Khanate of Kazan
Shangrila
State of Wu
State of Qing

Minor Factions:
Nanzhao
Yingzhou
Balhae
Nansei
Yumishi

Basic Storyline:
The power and influence of the Celestial Empire has deteriorated amidst the turmoil in the Imperial Court and Emperor Xuanzong's weakening hold onto power. The empire's former territories of Wu and Qing - both headed by powerful and opportunistic leaders - have become kingdoms in their own right and are seeking to carve out their own spheres of influence. Meanwhile, the other nations in the Realm of the Great East, sense an advantage in this time of disunity and are poised to assert their position in the region. Will you restore the Empire or will you lead one of the other six great nations to challenge the former hegemon for dominance?

Top Bottom