1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

the ashen viel

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by hossam, Aug 7, 2008.

1. hossam

hossam Deity

well im kinda wondering bout the AV, firstly : do the worshipers know they are bringing about armagedon?
    secondly: is the armegeddon agares is bringing about mean DESTROYING creation or is it about merging creation and hell into one?
    thirdly: is it hard to get arcane power from the AV,what do you need to get the power, and what kind of powers do you get?

thx for any responses

2. Darksaber1

Darksaber1 Secret Emperor

Well, most of the Followers of the Ashen Veil seek power for themselves, at the expense of all else. (That's how it started, with mage making contact with daemons a making deals with them) Although some follower's, most notably the Sheim, are seeking to destroy Creation.
    Agares himself dosn't plan to destroy creation, he plans to force The One to do it, and show The One that he/she/it is no better then him (Agares mad is Secert World, Nyx, a perfect paradise, then destroyed it and mad it the lowest circle of Hell.

3. rusty217

rusty217 Veil Fanatic

Yep they know they are bringing about armegeddon, but atleast this way they know they'll be on the right side when it happens...

To get power from the Ashen Veil, for the first who tried would mean being able to search for demons in deep meditation for weeks while sustaining the body with only magical power, so it would be quite hard. But as the Ashen Veil is rising in promenance and artifacts such as the Infernal Grimoire are coming about it should be easier than it was.

And I would think the amount of power would be more than any other religion, check my sig, it would seem that Tebryn agrees that he can be more powerful with the Veil than any other religion...

4. cyther

cyther Lord of the Dance

The boundaries are getting weaker. As shown by the Infernals, the AC 70 event, ect.
    Although the veil seems as if it is a religion it if more like a cult by definition because joining requires great sacrifice. So getting arcane power is not very hard but losing yourself on the way if difficult if not imposible.

5. PinkPikachu

PinkPikachu Chieftain

Cults are not called cults because of how one joins it. The difference between a cult and a religion is how much of a following they have.

I'd say that the Ashen Veil is less of a cult or relgion though, and more a Society.