The Atlas - A TSL Earth

MAGBaxter

Warlord

Atlas is a TSL Earth map
which recreates all the Geographical Envrionments of the World to a fun and fair size.

:c5capital: Below are screen shots of all the Continents and regions of the Map

Spoiler :

Alaska & Eastern Siberia
Spoiler :

North America 1
Spoiler :

North America 2
Spoiler :

Central America & Carribean
Spoiler :

South America 1
Spoiler :

South America 2
Spoiler :

British Isles
Spoiler :

France & Spain
Spoiler :

Scandanvia
Spoiler :

Russia & Kazhakstan
Spoiler :

Central Europe
Spoiler :

Italy, The Balkans & Anatolia
Spoiler :

West Africa
Spoiler :

South Africa & Madagascar
Spoiler :

Arabian peninsula & East Africa
Spoiler :

Mespotomia
Spoiler :

South East Asia
Spoiler :

Tibetan foothills, Gobi Desert & China
Spoiler :

North Asia & Siberia
Spoiler :

Korea & Japan
Spoiler :

Polynesia
Spoiler :

Australia
Spoiler :

:c5capital: 22 Civilizations are included all in their TSL, DLC civs are included.

. Arabia
. Aztec
. China
. Denmark :c5gold:
. Egypt
. England
. France
. Germany
. Greece
. Inca:c5gold:
. India
. Iroquis
. Japan
. Korea :c5gold:
. Mongolia :c5gold:
. Ottoman
. Persia
. Rome
. Russia
. Siam
. Songhai
. Spain :c5gold:

CITY STATES

. Alamty (Kazhakastan)
. Brussels (Belgium)
. Bucharest (Romania)
. Cape Town (South Africa)
. Lhasa (Tibet)
. Stockholm ( Sweden )
. Kathmandu ( Nepal )

Atlas is an Earth map which i created for people who like their Civilizations in their "True Starting Positions" and to have a fun game, rather than a hardcore stategy fest.

Some things have been adjusted, not so major adjustments include Spains capital is in north west spain instead of central so there is enough room for 4 cities, and bigger changes such as Denmark is now loacted in Norway yet the name of the civ has not chaged because that would include some modding.

FEATURES

• Geographical environmets suited to that region are accurate.
  • All major Rivers and Mountain Ranges are included
  • A larger Europe for Civs to feel comfortable in
  • 3 resources are included in all civilisations immediate vicinites, Gold, 5 Alliminum & 5 Iron
  • Iron is located where the capital should be built
  • MOD is avaliable to make the date change realistic, one date for each Era

MODS THAT I RECOMMEND

• City State Diplomacy MOD
  • Native Wonders
  • Info Addict
  • Simple time scale MOD
  • Unity MOD

DOWNLOAD IT HERE
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17344

========================================================================================

Download Atlas timeline MOD
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17468

HOW TO INSTALL & PLAY MAPS

1. Download the Map or Maps.
2. Open the compressed folder.
3. Move the Map into the maps folder in your Sid Meirs Civ 5 folder.
4. When in game go to MODS and select the MODS you wish to be activated and then select single player and choose Map and Select Atlas or Atlas AD.
5. Once you have chosen the map tick the " Load Scenario " Button and choose a Civ.

HOW TO INSTALL & PLAY MOD

1. Download the MOD
2. Open the compressed folder.
3. Move the MOD into the MODS folder in your Sid Meirs Civ 5 folder.
4. When in game go to MODS section and go into browse MODS and selct install MOD.
5. Then tick the small box and it will turn green which means it is activated.​

This looks great. Does the Siberia area have enough Tundra/Snow regions? Not sure about that. I like the overall look of the map. Seems to be good room for early expansion for most civs without requiring an immediate war. Looking forward to the release of the Map!

EDIT: I also noticed one small problem with the North America map. You do not seem to have the Island of Newfoundland on there. Perhaps adding that would help a bit.

Thankyou, i did increase the size of Europe to allow at least 4 cities for each Civ such as Italy, Spain, France, Greece and England. I have made some geographical changes and since it isnt released yet i will make some more snow and tundra in northern siberia.

I will also add Newfoundland to NA, and Northamerica is a bit taller than usual, i found it was more interesting region than central america so i adjusted it slightly.

Unfortunatley it might be delayed due to a crashing problem, for me atleast, i have been asking peolpe for help and there is a download for the map in this thread, download it & see if it crashes before it loads, this is a new problem, it was working before.

EDIT: never mind ive got it working again & Newfoundland is in and snow in russia :D

Well I am getting crashes when trying to start this.
I'd like to add more info but I dont have any.
My pc handles Civ5 very well, even with quite a few mods. But starting a game with this mad doesnt seem to work. I tried it without any mods.

thankyou for speaking out, i had this issue when i loaded it for the 1st time after the MOD patch came out today, i went to play russia and it crashed, i then started again as Denmark and it worked, try it a second time it might work, i have all the mods on that are listed in the 1st post, try them aswell.

EDIT: when i went to play russia i didnt have any mods on either because i forgot to activate them, then i went to play denmark and i put the listed mods on and it worked it might be because i had mods activated when i saved the map, put those specific mods on and it should work, if it is a widespread problem i will address it ASAP.

I tried it four times with germany and it never worked.

And I realy dont want to use all these mods.

No need to troubleshoot it just for me.

Edit: If nothing else this finaly offered a reason to buy Denmark. One more enemy to kill now ;-)

Im really sorry it isnt working, i adjusted some things so download this new file and see if it works.

I tried it with no Mods on, it failed to load. I put on the Mods i suggested on and played as Denmark & it is now working.
Im afraid i might need some help troubleshooting (again) because i honestly dont know what is causing it to do that. i suggest just play it with those Mods, native wonders mod has to be moved into mods folder first, then installed.

tried it, even with all the mods you listed, but it crashed nevertheless.

But what i have seen from the Worldbuilder:

Mountains are ok, but there are to many chokepoints, i dont want to declare war to evryone, because some scout makes me unable to move my unit out of spain or rome.
And it is to easy to defend such points, the AI will never be able to do anything against you, because it doesnt use such moves.

The arabic civs have so much desert with no river, especially persia has pretty much only desert tiles around.
Thats not really fair and fun.

I think you placed far to less resources on the map, its kind of empty.
You should make the starting position more balanced, for example:
China has a nice starting position and a lot of expanding possibilities, persia has pretty much nothing but desert, and only more desert around.
Denmark starts on a 4 tile island, i think this is not even playable.
Rome is kind of in the middle of italy, if you would move it a bit up or down, you could build more citys around, without sharing to many of the land tiles.

i also would like to see more fish around, i like to spam it pretty much all over the world, because pure water tiles are pretty weak and cant be improved at all.

Thats pretty much all i can say before even playing it :)

PS: I had some units placed in north america, dont think they should be there.

PPS: I can play it when i start it through the singleplayer tab (NOT Mod), but the starting locations are random and no gold or policies from start.

Im sorry it keeps crashing, i honestly dont understand why it is doing it because i can load it fine,
and i will change the map to improve on points you mentioned, thankyou for mentioning the problems & thanks for joining to tell me ! i am going to have to find help though because i cant think of what could poibbly be causing the crashing...:(

At first it crashed then I installed all the mods except for Simple Time Scale Mod and seems to be running fine. I'm going to try and get a few hours in now, I'll give you some feedback tomorrow. Thanks for your work this is exactly what I'm looking for, realism.

EDIT: is there a reason it keeps starting me in the classical era? That's my only gripe so far?

Top Bottom