The Atlas

PiR

Emperor
Supporter
Anyone remembers the Atlas from RFC for Civilization IV?

upload_2021-7-4_0-49-48.png

Anyone remembers the stability maps?

upload_2021-7-4_0-50-12.png

Well, here comes the Atlas for RFC for Civilization V!

So what is the Atlas?

An addin embedded within the mod.
A web page that aims to clearly present the map mechanics of the mod, such as spawn/respawn zones, stability tile per tile, terrain, etc.

What does it do?

This tool generates the webpage, from the other files of the mod.
It can display the following information, based on mod files (located in Data, XML and Maps folders of the mod):
  • terrain data, including resources, natural wonders and rivers
  • starting locations for each civ (with names, spawn turns and years)
  • minor civs with their capital and City-States
  • the flip risk on each tile (in case of a later civ starting or any civ respawning)
  • depending on a civ selection:
    • the stability map, flip area, and respawn flip area
    • city names
    • opponents that the civ might encounter
  • technical coordinates for each tile
  • saving the map with the above parameters as an image file (.svg)
What does it look like?

Rhye's and Fall map (v77)

upload_2021-7-4_17-13-33.png

How can I use it?

Just go into the mod folder (e.g. <My Games>/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS/Rhye's and Fall (v 77)/rfc5_atlas) and open Atlas.html
NB: for now, the Atlas is still not included into the mod. You can find the Atlas in this thread.

Where can I find more details about it?

The repository is here: https://gitlab.com/zePierre/rfc5_atlas/
You can check the README.md file for more (and up-to-date) details.
If you have git and know how to use it, you can close the repository to get the latest version.

Is it finished?

As of July 4th, 2021, most planned features are implemented, but there remains testing and potentially some bugfix to do.
As the mod currently isn't finished itself, some menus of the Atlas are not implemented, such as the victory menu.

How can I help?

If you encounter an issue, please report it in this thread. Make sure to include your OS, browser, screen resolution, ideally a screenshot, and if appropriate the console log of your browser.

Last edited:
I don't have the mod, I don't know git, can I see the Atlas anyway?

Sure! You can download it here (v85 - may not be the latest version):

Attachments

• rfc5_atlas.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Spoiler alert!
The following screenshots contain details about the mod that may ruin some surprises you can have playing the mod.

July 2022 update: the screenshots were made with an old version of the mod where the map was bigger. Please check the latest version of the Atlas for up-to-date maps.

Screenshots:

Area where Brazil spawns and converts units & cities:

Spoiler :
upload_2021-7-4_23-18-47.png

Germany checking its stability map to plan Operation Barbarossa:

Spoiler :
upload_2021-7-4_23-37-18.png

Checking where resources will appear in the New World before settling:

Spoiler :
upload_2021-7-4_23-39-39.png

As Korea, knowing not only the stability map but also the flip risk of each tile:

Spoiler :
upload_2021-7-4_23-41-32.png

Last edited:
This looks really good, and very helpful. The new world resources thing seems a bit cheaty though :lol:

The Atlas displays mechanics of the mod, but can also act as a huge spoiler for those who would rather be surprised than know so many things in advance, yes.

Fantastic!

I've been playing Civ V about a week now. This is after playing all of Rhye's mods (and mod mods) for the last decade or more.

What's the story behind the truffle resource? Is it to have a universally utilised resource in place of pork? Truffles? Really?

This is really cool. Especially the stability maps. I never discovered the Atlas when playing Civ IV RFC (though now I do see it's on my hard drive), but overestimating how much I could expand beyond historic boundaries was my Achilles heel in my RFC IV games. Looking at your screenshot of the stability map for IV, I now see part of the problem - if I played France, I'd try conquering Germany or Spain, and that is very much in the red!

The V one works great for me (Vivaldi, Win8.1). How did you get the stability map for the Civ IV one though? I found a thread for it, and ran it locally too, but I only see the UHV areas, not stability maps.

I now see part of the problem - if I played France, I'd try conquering Germany or Spain, and that is very much in the red!
I've managed once a Domination victory with France in Civ IV RFC. There are other places to expand. Although, if you start with the Romans, you can wipe out Spain before France birth and then France could culturally control most of Spain and its resources.

How did you get the stability map for the Civ IV one though?

I think it used to be here: http://rhye.civfanatics.net/pages/civ4-menu.php
More exactly, here http://rhye.civfanatics.net/wiki/index.php?title=Rhye's_and_Fall_of_Civilization_stability_maps&action=edit&section=12
But that wiki has been down for some time.

I'm attaching them here, I had saved them locally.

Attachments

• Civ IV RFC Stability Maps.zip
    203.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Could you update to v86? Doesn't seem to work properly now, the settler maps are quite off

v1.6 (03/03/23)​

• Update from RnF90
  • Added section to the Readme: "HOW TO UPDATE THE ATLAS FROM A NEW MOD VERSION"
  • Considered city name map done (was still in todo)

I'm missing an icon for Native America. Is this the one? (IconAtlas45.dds)
1677824781894.png

Attachments

• rfc5_atlas.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Top Bottom