1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Austrin in Wildmana

Discussion in 'Wildmana Modmod' started by Sephi, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Sephi

Sephi Chieftain

Since they are a new civ they get their own bug/feedback thread. If someone wants to volunteer to write a concept page for them, step forward :D

thanks to Vehem and the FF team for creating this fun civ :goodjob:

2. Dalnev

Dalnev Chieftain

Harmatt seems to be missing data--he's a red blob and can't be promoted.

3. a_civilian

a_civilian Chieftain

A few inconsistencies which may be intentional:

The Highlander (axeman replacement) can still use mithril weapons.

The Austrin and Jotnar both get their Phalanx replacements at mithril working, rather than mithril weapons.

4. Sephi

Sephi Chieftain

wow, nice catch. Will change the phalanx tech requirements

5. a_civilian

a_civilian Chieftain

You can swap cities with other players. Pretty funny, I stole the Amurite palace.

Edit: Also, if you try to move a unit that's "preparing to swap cities" (so it has -9 moves or so), the game locks up. (Probably some infinite loop in the pathfinding code for units with negative moves.)

6. Sephi

Sephi Chieftain

should be fixed both next patch

7. captainmission

captainmission Chieftain

Their hunter/ranger replacement and exploration hut don't seem to give house Vadallis support, which gave me problems avoiding revolutions. That house seemed like a natural fit for a civ of wildness lovers.

8. Sephi

Sephi Chieftain

nice catch, added

9. Imuratep

Imuratep Cultist of the Old Ones

What exactly does the Joining? The Calabim spawned in my city as my allies, but as the only had 2 archers without a settler this seems quite useless.

10. Itherael

Itherael Chieftain

I was thinking the same thing. I was given one of the Jotnar leaders with 1 archer unit. What is the purpose of this joining?

11. Brokenbone

Brokenbone Chieftain

I'll have to try this Joining business... but as to the settler issue, couldn't (or shouldn't) you just gift your allies a city of your choosing so they can get "on their feet" and contributing to your team (research and whatnot)?

12. Otiose

Otiose Chieftain

Something similar to the mercurian gate could be worked in. That way the player could place a city in the perfect place and call forth their new allies.

13. Sephi

Sephi Chieftain

I probably forgot something to merge. Next Patch Sorah will automatically claim the City "the Joining" was constructed.

14. wapamingo

wapamingo Chieftain

Sorah and Ecks as leaders and played by AI cause frequent OOS; whilst when I play as Austrin as the other leader no OOS issues (have not played as Sorah and Ecks)

15. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Wait, Sorah and Ecks were merged? Was 25Hour asked about that?

16. Jabie

Jabie Wanted in Monte Carlo...

Small Cosmetic issue: Austrin in the game I recently tried (8.0) used the same pale green as Hippus. Made reading the demographics screen tricky.

17. Lord Katana

Lord Katana Chieftain

Sorry to hijack this slightly, but more new civs have same colors as existing civs... Really annoying if one of them is your neighbour. The culture just merges without any boundary distinction...

18. graywarden

graywarden Chieftain

I noticed this as well testing the Faeries, they had the same color as the Elves, and I had wondered about how the combined cultures would affect things.

19. Sephi

Sephi Chieftain

ok, Faeries now have a darker green than Ljosalfar. Austrin Color is a bit more unique and have different text color than Hippus. Anything else?

20. tatva

tatva Chieftain

Sorry for asking but how does the swap cities work? I put one warrior on each to swap (all requirements fullfilled) and they became immobile for at least 17 turns with no effect appart from that...

OK, I started on forested prairies with lots of corn, wine, furs and deer (wildmana map).... but I had 3 cities before any enemy had 2 (prince difficulty) and 5 before they have 3; even when many wolfraiders and deers attacked me.

The thief founding cities is extremely unbalancing imho, because your cities still can grow while constructing the "stablish new city" mission. You could make it cost more hammers (and turns) than normal colonizer, instead of less.