The Awesome Starts Collection

^
I've never seen so much (8 :eek:) sea resources at a coastal start nor so many sea food close together.

And very seldom all three types that close together.

Another awesome 5 Gems start with wet Corn, this time with Ragnar. It's not as easy as it looks though.

Settings like the others from me above.

Attachments

• awesome06.CivBeyondSwordSave
    144.5 KB · Views: 201
A rather good totally random generated huge continents BTS map for Rome. I play it on monarch and marathon but I guess it can be played as scenario too with other options.
The starting position is not the greatest one but there is gold nearby which is relatively easy to harvest, the iron is easy and horses are relatively easy too. Bronze is not that easy although but with Rome the fun starts with the iron anyway. Also there are a lot of forest tiles around which allows quick chop of early wonders (Oracle anyone?), settlers and workers. Also there are good places for production cities both inland and coastal. (I like the naval warfare).
The drawbacks - jungles are rather away so no quick access to the jungle resources and the juicy jungle grasslands but that's why the praetorians exists.
No MODs are required (although I use the Blue Marble textures and the BUG MOD)

Attachments

• Augustus Caesar BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    88.3 KB · Views: 165
Resource bubbles help, and that start is really north, you're going to run into tundra.
Recently on one of my monarch Rome games I saw the Inca in similar position. "Poor Inca" - I thought and forgot about him. Until suddenly saw he is 4 ancient and classical techs before me and every other civ too. Checked his land and saw he had 4 furs and 1 silver and being financial he had One City Research Monster.
Too bad the research didn't help him against the praetorians but the city cost me a fortune to upkeep being half the continent away. But I couldn't afford someone else to settle the spot and it was impossible to vassalize.

I just got this start for a trial game I want to play for a succession story and thought it was pretty good for anyone who loves wonder whoring:

Didn't try it out yet. It is Willem on continents and emperor.

Attachments

• Wonder Willem BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    42.8 KB · Views: 191
Sry guys, but you're all N00bs :D

Get rdy for the sickest start of history :D

Think this is not good enough for that anouncement? You might wanna have a look at the start when you SIP :D

Spoiler :

Yer, those are 7 Gems and double Food :D

But it's a bad start, though 16 tiles are riverside, the Corn isn't ;(

Have Fun!

Attachments

• awesome07.CivBeyondSwordSave
    280 KB · Views: 195
JHC. Wow

Arf, how are we ever going to beat that? What map is it?

^^ Ser

definitely crap start without wet corn :-D :-D

must be hilarious experience to play it though

That's the right description for what it is like. I remember that I set up a 2nd city only to share the gems of the 1st one, like that I worked 6 gems simultainiously till T150 when I oracled Feudalism. Happy Cap isn't the problem on the map though, the others got almost everything for trade, slow growth with non-wet-corn and low production with all grassland gems are the bigger problems.

:D

Whoa, that is the most riverside gems I've ever seen in one spot!

Than we're already 2 :)

How many years did you let mapfinder run? :joke:

No joke, every night for the last 3 months, that makes about 100 days a 1000 maps, this one was the best, so it's basically 1:100000.

Arf, how are we ever going to beat that? What map is it?

It's a Huge Big & Small Sushi map for competition purposes with Ramesses as a leader.

Something I've always wondered: how do you screen all of these generated maps? Does it take screenshots for you? Do you just sit there loading each one individually?

Something I've always wondered: how do you screen all of these generated maps? Does it take screenshots for you? Do you just sit there loading each one individually?

mapfinder makes SS of the start. The only problem is that it does so as screen capture so you have to run the game in foreground.

Spoiler :

Look at these shiny golden tiles. Yum yum.

Guess the mapscript?

Rainforest. O rly? At least culture is still available for victory...

Top Bottom