The Axum Obelisk Site

Traianus

Why is it dark in here?
Hi all. Another wonder for Sword of Geddon's mod. This one is the Ethiopian Axum Obelisk site which was in the news a fair bit this year.

Attachments

• AxumObelisk.zip
    73.2 KB · Views: 524
  • AxumObelisk.jpg
    AxumObelisk.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,072
very nice. these new wonders are making me want to pick my tech/wonder/various thread again...

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
Did Ethiopia have some Egyptian influence? Great work once again Tria.
They traded a lot, so yes. I'm also pretty sure Etiopia got christianized from Egypt.

Nice work btw:)

Yoda Power said:
They traded a lot, so yes. I'm also pretty sure Etiopia got christianized from Egypt.

Nice work btw:)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Christians in both places are Coptic.

-- And ditto all the kudos!

-Oz

Nic,e but what could it be set to do?

I don't know much about it apart from the fact that the Italians made off with it during the second world war and it was only returned this (oops) last year! Apparently it is thought that it had some astronomical purpose as well as religious. I would be inclined to think that it would provide culture and science. Also due to the controversy over it's return to Ethiopia and it's age (1500 years) you might consider making it a tourist attraction.

don't know but afaik aegyptian obelsisks were always a pair ie. there were always two of the same type.... Well as it says its an ethiopian obelisk but wouldn't it be interesting if there havn't been two of them in the past...?

Top Bottom