The Battle Cry of Freedom (A Civil War Story)

mbkkbm

Silly American
The American Civil War

The date is June 21, 1861. The newly inaugurated President Abraham Lincoln is now President over half a country. The rebel “fire eaters” have rose to power and forced many state governments to secede and form what they call the Confederate States of America. This rebel government must be destroyed quickly, or the United States will never be United again.

President Lincoln’s first act as President was to receive Open Borders with English North America. Not only did this prevent the Confederacy from achieving diplomatic recognition an Open Borders treaty would provide, it also allowed President Lincoln to attempt to send ships to Buffalo, in case of a surprise attack.
Spoiler :

President Lincoln’s next move was to gather all available troops into the Army of the Potomac, and to have all leaders come to him, so he could decide who would be the General of the Army of the Potomac.

In a surprise choice, he chose a hard-drinking, cigar-smoking Westerner named Ulyssess S. Grant to be his General, over the much well known George McClennan. This infuriated McClennan to no end, as he decided that “the current Administration…does not want the war to be won by a Democrat”.
Spoiler :
General Ulysses S. Grant

Spoiler :
General George B. McCllenan
Whatever the reason, the Army of the Potomac, with its slogan “On to Richmond!” advanced rapidly. By June 28, 1861 the Army was on Richmond’s doorstep. The Confederate government panicked and fled to New Orleans. Cannonades were fired, but the inexperienced Union artillery failed to destroy the rebel forces. Grant ordered a flanking attack on the city with the 1st and 3rd Calvary Regiments, with snuck in and opened the gates.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

As the Union army entered Richmond, a band loyal to the Confederacy played “The World Turned Upside Down”. Richmond, the capital and cradle of the Confederacy, was captured.

Spoiler :

The American Civil War

By July 7, 1861, Lincoln ordered another march. The Army of the Potomac assembled and marched from Richmond to the port of Norfolk, to reclaim the naval base there. By the 14th, the Army had laid siege to the city and captured it.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Accounts vary about what happened next. Whether it was a Union torch or a Confederate fire ship that rammed the harbor, the city of Norfolk was devastated by a raging fire. Many of the inhabitants joined rebel units near the harbor, led by General McPherson, who deserted to the Confederates once Virginia seceded. They headed towards the nearest Confederate city, Raleigh. Once General Grant was informed, he realized he had to take the city; else they would be stuck in Richmond without a way to advance, for they had to Raleigh to protect their railroad lines of supply. The newly made rebels attacked the Army but were swiftly beaten back.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

The Army of the Potomac crossed the James River without any difficulty. They Army was now east of the city, and settled into for a short week of waiting.
Spoiler :

Meanwhile, President Lincoln’s order to call the Navy to fight outside Philadelphia went excellently. By July 21, 1861, every available ship was outside Philadelphia, and headed south. Lincoln also signed Open Border agreements with the Border States and the Native Tribes, to focus on destroying the accursed rebels.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

By July 28, 1861, Raleigh was taken. It looked as though the Union would simply steamroll their way to Miami, and crush the Confederacy forever.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Update!:goodjob:. And a good one too.

Subbed. Also, why did you burn the city?

Shouldn't the mod make the North and South stick to their respective labour civics? Cuz' the South adopting Emancipation is :nono:
And a great update:thumbsup:

Mod makers are probably from the south :rolleyes:

Nice story. Keep it up!

Tambein! Long time no see. :)

Is it sad that I have the instrumental of this song, the Battle Hymn of the Republic, and Dixie's Land on my iPod because I bought them on iTunes for Civ4 background music?? :p

Tambein! Long time no see. :)
Hi! Just returning from my long GaP career and overwork from school. Nice to see ya again! And I revived Lang Leve Amerika, in case you wanted to check it out. :D

Is it sad that I have the instrumental of this song, the Battle Hymn of the Republic, and Dixie's Land on my iPod because I bought them on iTunes for Civ4 background music?? :p
Yes. But then again, you had a valid reason. My friend, on the other hand.... ;)

Welcome back, mbkkbm :)

Top Bottom