The Battle of Iwo Jima - Small, Quick and Tactical

How is this Small, Quick and Tactical scenario??

• Total voters

Luddi VII

Sheep farmer
Earlier this year El Justo came up with the idea to make small scenarios that is Small, Quick and Tactical. So here is one.

The History

The Battle of Iwo Jima was fought between the United States and Japan during February and March of 1945, during the Pacific Campaign of World War II. As a result of the battle, the United States gained control of the island of Iwo Jima and the airfields located there.

The Scenario

The scenario is set on a 80x80 map of Iwo Jima and Saipan and has no time limit. The scenario ends when the US has gained control of Iwo Jima. And the US is the only playable nation. The scenario uses most of the "WWII in the Pacific" graphics. The WWII units are not included, so you must copy the WWII Pacific units into the "Units" folder of this scenario. It's more details in the readme.

Credits

Scenario Creator: Luddi VII
Map Creator: Luddi VII

Unit Graphics: BeBro, Ripptide and Firaxis

Thanks to all these members and to all other members of civfanatics.com!!!:thanx:

The Download

This is version v1.0, later versions comes later if needed. Installation instructions is in the readme.

BIJ v1.0

BIJ Part 2

Enjoy!

This looks really cool!
I don't have the time or interest for epic games anymore so I think I'll try this out :goodjob:

What a great idea, not to mention, it looks fun. I'll DL and play later today, as well as your Rise of the Mughals scenario.

I get a missing "light tank.ini" error when I try to play :confused: I have the extra ptw units.
The units dl came with 3 units if that's important at all

awesome, i'm gonna play it as soon as i have the chance

Do you win when you take the town or when the Japanese are obliterated? The Japanese fought even after their support structure was captured.

Thanks for all feedback! :goodjob:

@Dease
That ini error was unexpected. Have you copied all the needed WWII units? And check if the folder name stands in the editor.

@Mr. Will
You reminded me on that I should have set it as an elimination game.

Dease said:
I get a missing "light tank.ini" error when I try to play :confused: I have the extra ptw units.
The units dl came with 3 units if that's important at all

I had the same issue, but then I went into the Conquests/Conquests/WWII in the Pacific/Art/Units folder (got all that!?!?) and copied over those files too. It now works.

Even when I set research to 0%, as the US, I'm still loosing 55 GPT. For both governments, unit support should be "all units free".

A note to all of you!! You must only copy from the Conquests/Conquests/WWII in the Pacific/Art/Units folder.

@augurey
Thanks for the information. I will change it in a second version of the BIQ.;)

Wow, I just lost twenty marines attacking the city. That'll teach me for not bringing in artillery! What kind of defence bonus do these cities have though?

They have 50 defence bonus, but I just changed it to 30. When I played it, it was REALLY hard to conquer them. But you have a very good shield production, so therefor I had it like it was. V1.2 will come soon if it's not anything else you discover.

There's no way to rebase fighters to the island of Iwo Jima either.

Also, the US navy has a large presence in the area; why not add a fleet for each country (with aircraft carriers for America atleast)?

The only Japanese fleet, is some subs. I tested with 6-8 subs, but they sank some of the transports. So therefor I deleted some of the subs.

An aircraft carrier for america would not be so bad, but is it so good to let the Japanese have carriers?

BTW: Was it any battles between american and japanese carriers during the invasion?

great scenario, but maybe you can consider a list of these suggestions?
- historicaly, there were 3 airfields at iwo jima. if you include the other two and maybe place some more fighters/bombers in those 3 airfields, you can probably increase the playability of this scenario by having the player take all the airfields for air superiority.
- maybe add more fortresses on the coast along with immobile infantry to simulate the heavily dug-in japanese
- give japan some artillery units, i'm not sure if they will use them, but who knows
- i'm not sure if this is possible, but maybe change the game so that even after capturing the iwo jima, you still need to kill all of their units for a complete victory, because even after iwo jima was captured, there were still pockets of resistance.
- place more victory locations, such as on mount suribachi and the coast, etc.
anyways, it was a pretty good scenario, nice job

@ruski timur
1. I thought it was only two, but I will add one more because the city is representing the other airfield
2. I used the hedgehogs to simulate that and they are strong.
3. I gave Japan some artys in the beginning, but they killed many of my units with them. So therefor I deleted some, but I think they have at least one.
4. It could maybe be possible if I set "AI respawn".
5.Ok!

And thanks!:D

@El Justo
Has already looked there, but I wanted to not have so many additional units. Only some "WWII in P" units and three other additional units.

Top Bottom