The Battle of Madrid

Vandal Warlord

Nazgûl
They say war is hell..... who better to know this then the soldiers in the Arete military. Or those who live in the Palace in Madrid.

The battle was quiet. No one said a word, not even the elephants wailed louder than a whisper. But was the most suprising, was when we raided the Palace. Hatshepsut stood at the gates with her husband, and her daughters. We actually stood there staring at Hatshepsut. We were guity, utterly guilty. None of us moved until someone shot an arrow at the husband. He collapsed on the ground, the daughters screamed and when dashed. We tackled Hatshepsut and held the daughters down. The husband was kicked aside. From there, the palace went up in flames. We went back to get the husband, but only found a puddle of crimson blood.

Entry One-
Captain Suyay Kingijvivgarsa

I was awake at once. I had slept very lightly after the fall of Madrid the day before. The pictures of Spanish women and children driven down the streets by the huge war elephants, giant boulders thrown at the city wrecking rooftops and entire houses.

I quickly got off my field-bed and found the axe next to it. I heard another noice. A low gutteral, choking breath. I ran to the prison tents, but was startled by finding a guard outside it. He was breathing heavily and difficult. From the light of a nearby torch I could see the strangling marks on his neck. He was lucky not to have died instantly.

I tried to assist the man but he merely pointed inside the tent.

I quickly ran in, axe raised, but alas, too late.

Hatshepshut had escaped.

-Diary of Tokonawa Iashi, "The Spanish War".

The time of battle is upon us!
Hatshepsut's fate had met its meet
Everyone could hear the elephants
Storming through the streets.

The Spanish were not expecting this
She did not even use pikes
Now they would collapse
With many elephant's strikes.

It is the time we have been fearing
In the eyes of the Spanish, at least
But in the Aretan's
Revenge was very sweet.