The Best Album According To CFC OT: Vote!

Which is the best album of all time? (Or: Which of these do you like the best?)

• OK Computer (Radiohead)

Votes: 16 11.9%
  • Factory Showroom (They Might Be Giants)

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Ænima (Tool)

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • A Night at the Opera (Queen)

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Definitely Maybe (Oasis)

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Metallica (Metallica)

Votes: 13 9.6%
  • Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (The Beatles)

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • Between the Buttons (Rolling Stones)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Feeding of the 5000 (Crass)

• The Dark Side of the Moon (Pink Floyd)

Votes: 20 14.8%
  • Back in Black (ACDC)

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Ramones (Ramones)

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Appetite for Destruction (Guns N' Roses)

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Led Zeppelin IV (Led Zeppelin)

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • Save My Soul (Big Bad Voodoo Daddy)

• Kind of Blue (Miles Davies)

• The White Album (The Beatles)

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • HIStory: Past, Present and Future (Michael Jackson)

• Disintegration (The Cure)

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Born to Run (Bruce Springsteen)

• Total voters
I propose a new system. Each person, without using the poll at all, chooses their top three albums, in order. Every first place choice earns the album 3 points, 2nd place: 2 points, and third place, 1 point. That way, any album can be nominated, reducing the limitations, and close-seconds and thirds can also be counted. Whaddya think?

To start:

1. Springsteen-Born to Run 3 Points
2. The Who-Who's Next 2 Points
3. Pink Floyd -The Wall 1 Point

The Last Conformist said:
There's clearly a tendency for the musical tastes of CFC OT posters to go in a certain direction ...

You should've posted in the nominations thread and nominated a Hip-Hop album. :p
I did, but it was a Greatest hits album, remember?

El Duderino said:
I propose a new system. Each person, without using the poll at all, chooses their top three albums, in order. Every first place choice earns the album 3 points, 2nd place: 2 points, and third place, 1 point. That way, any album can be nominated, reducing the limitations, and close-seconds and thirds can also be counted. Whaddya think?
Sounds like work. :p

I think it might better get it's own thread, if you feel like doing it.

Yom said:
I did, but it was a Greatest hits album, remember?
Ah, true. I had to apply some sort of criteria for which nominations I'd include to the poll, and I figured that greatest hits collections aren't "real" albums, so I excluded them.

The Last Conformist said:
Sounds like work. :p

I think it might better get it's own thread, if you feel like doing it.

Will do.
:)

You do have a point though. It is work. Usually something I try to avoid. Oh well.

This is hard. Since the Black Album has so many votes I'll vote for that, just to be sure that good rock wins! My second choice would be Ænima without question.

Back in Black - AC/DC gets my vote :D

El Duderino said:
Man, I can't believe Metallica is winning by so much. I hate that album. :mad:
Really? Does that also mean you hate the song Nothing Else Matters? Because then you are the first I have ever meet that doesn't like that. I'm not saying it's their best song, but I think it's very good.

Uhm...

Am I blind or are the greatest album of existence,U2's The Joushus Tree, missing? What kind of screening process didn't included this album?

Dark side of the moon was nominated as the best album of the 70's by the world press, and I can agree to that.

The Joshua Tree got the same honor in the 80's.

edit. Seeing as you also left out Nevermind by Nirvana I decide to ignore this attempt at making a representable poll for the greatest album of all time.

Weak list of options. I had to settle for GNR and they are about 20th on my list of great albums. You really should have taken a handful of albums from each generation. Some of these choices are don't right laughable.

sourboy said:
Weak list of options. I had to settle for GNR and they are about 20th on my list of great albums. You really should have taken a handful of albums from each generation. Some of these choices are don't right laughable.
The options are quite representative of the nominations in the previous thread.

Top Bottom