1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The best civ, to you.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Hylt22, Nov 23, 2011.

1. MantaRevan

MantaRevan Emperor

I agree. And his AI proves it.

2. LeHam

LeHam Prince

I like Pericles of Greece.

The UB is so great it's almost OP, it gets an extra happiness and three culture compared to the original. The UU is also pretty good, considering its abilities basically eliminate the Axeman's one glaring weakness.

Creative is a great early game trait. It allows me to keep expanding while still popping my borders early, helping me win early border culture fights. Philosophical is also a great trait. Double the GP Points for double the fun!

3. MantaRevan

MantaRevan Emperor

Yes. He's very good for a culture victory.

4. Ramesses-Rules

Ramesses-Rules King

If Musa is in the game, I target him as my "worst enemy" from the start. Capac is probably second.:)

5. Kid R

Kid R Emperor

Pericles for me too - terrific all-rounder to play - nothing weak at all.

I also like Sury because I play the start of games quite a bit more than finish them and CRE/EXP are the first traits out the gate.

6. HorribleHarald

HorribleHarald Warlord

I would say Dutch,
    fin/cre combitation is great,
    UB is one of the best and UU is not bad either; East indianman is like a early transporter.

7. stratfiend

stratfiend Chieftain

Darius has to be my all-time fave. He has an easy time with economy and Immortals are extremely handy for early rushing and/or barb defense. Willem would be my second choice. I hate waiting on border pops and his UU/UB make for a coastal win.

8. Ataxerxes

Ataxerxes Deity

Funny how people come up with opposite points of view on these questions. I don't target Mansa because I want him to trade techs with and he's horrible to rush with the Skirmisher. The only times I want to kill him is when he's on another continent and I can't get to him in time. He can be a nightmare on another continent. HC I can understand; I always seem to have a problem with him.

I like Hatty. She's very easy to use with Creative and Spiritual. Great UU for rushing to get ahead early. Her starting traits are very good. I don't get much mileage out of the UB but you seldom have everything like the Inca (who are the best Civ). I think she's the best starter Civ.

I don't play multi, but I can imagine that Mali might be the best there.

9. Ramesses-Rules

Ramesses-Rules King

You have to understand that I play for Cultural Victory. I NEVER trade with Masa, and I do everything I can to encourage war-mongers to attack him.:)