1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The best leaders for each era and in general?

Discussion in 'Strategy and tips' started by Sir Monster The Great, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Sir Monster The Great

Sir Monster The Great Warlord

I want to figure out who are the best leaders for each era as well as in general.

2. jatkinson

jatkinson Warlord

I play with the options Developiing Leaders, Complex Traits and Start Without Positive Traits. This means I don't have to worry about this at all as everyone starts with a blank slate and selecting Traits when they pop up to be selected depending on the circumstances of my particular game. I even play with Random Leader so I don't even know which Culture I start with.

Somebody613 and Thunderbrd like this.
  3. Somebody613

Somebody613 King

Same for me, except I always play as Israel on Pit's map, which I modded in myself to replace Egypt (since it was too crowded anyways, and I wanted a "Suez" city option).
    Personal reasons aside, a well-placed Jerusalem gives you TWO Natural Wonders without a single cheat besides the city's placing itself (which is still more or less realistic).
    I also always play with "no traits at start, get your own", because it's a wonderful feature that makes C2C stand out extremely strongly in comparison to most other mods.
    Though I also play without Negative Traits, since I find it stupid to have them in this system in the first place (unlike having them as presets for the actual specific leaders).
    My typical (but not set-in-stone) choice is to boost my Great People growth with at least Philosophical - and the rest depends on the Game Speed and my current goals.
    Which makes this mod, really, GREAT.