1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The best religion.

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by Falconiano, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Martin Alvito

Martin Alvito Real men play SMAC

Due to the way ruins pops work, you're always better off chasing the improved odds of catching a second-tier tech from ruins by going Pottery first, provided that you have to take Pottery, Writing and Mining+ to plant the Academy. If we assume that the game has provided the hypothetical start in question (can it for the Babs?), we could qualify my statement and say that Babylon should always take Pottery first.

This is still an absolute. Other absolutes really do exist in this game, and have since release. It would be correct to say that there are fewer since the initial release, but they're still out there.

2. Chiatroll

Chiatroll Warlord

babylon starting off right next to shaka, monty, and atilla might want to work on those walls of babylon and bowmen in case you are gone before writing.

3. Buccaneer

Buccaneer Deity

With as much gold there is in the game, I would disagree that Tithe is worth it, let alone being the best belief. I under the OP point about getting a little bit of everything but I don't think that's optimized.