The Best Rocking Album Of All Time (1955-1985)

Best Rocking Album 1955-1985

• Bob Dylan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fleetwood Mac

• Elvis Presley

• Bruce Springsteen

• The Grateful Dead

• The Beach Boys

• The Ramones

• Van Halen (up to David Roth's exit)

• Total voters
I voted for the Velvet Underground before reading the thread because they are by far my favorite band on the list, but as far as rocking they don't. I would give that title to Black Sabbath during the era of their first four albums.

The best rock song ever though is "Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult who generally don't rock so well on other songs.

Btw I consider Hendrix to be in another class altogether. He is one of the two or three great musical geniuses of the 20th century and therefore transcends mere "rocking".

I don't think anything from that period on that list does it for me quite like the Misfits, although possibly the Who comes close.

Azash said:
Slayer - Reign in Blood. YARR!
Thats from 1986:p

In this time period I would say Led Zeppelin IV.

A lot of good metal albums were released in this period, but Led Zeppelin will always have a special place in my heart.

What, no Monkeys? :joke:

Man, that is like choosing which of my kids I like best! I voted for The Who (for 'Whos Next') because it is just one great track after another. But I like every band on your list, plus quite a few others. Yes and Aerosmith are worthy of inclusion too.

Yoda Power said:
Thats from 1986:p

In this time period I would say Led Zeppelin IV.

A lot of good metal albums were released in this period, but Led Zeppelin will always have a special place in my heart.

Oh, darn. Killers, then?

Azash said:
Oh, darn. Killers, then?
I'm pretty sure the the only albums Slayer made in this period are Show no Mercy, Hell Awaits, and perhaps Live Undead.

Good grief. How did I miss it? How did we ALL miss it?

The most rockin' album ever cut, was Live at the Budokan, by Cheap Trick. I mean, duh.

I like the Rolling Stones a lot.
-Beggars Banquet
-Sticky Fingers
-Let it Bleed
-Exile on Main Street

I'm glad to see some others thought Aerosmith had a place on the list...

Of course, the best rock album of the period was Toys in the Attic from 1975.
Although, Get Your Wings was pretty awesome, too.

Top Bottom