The Biblical Flood

Status
Not open for further replies.

FearlessLeader2

Fundamentalist Loon
From Religion or Science:
Originally posted by col
We can show that the flood never happened by looking at what would be the consequences that would show up. Those consequences are not there so we have disproved the theory that the flood happened.
Link? Evidence? Quote?

(Y'all please bear in mind that I am a recovering rage-aholic, and try not to flame...)

Here we go again... FL2, what proof can you show that the global, Biblical flood happend? By proof I mean no Bible quotes in particular.

There is nothing to indicate that a global flood ever happened. It would be obvious if it had. Do you really need a link?

For starters, there isn't enough water on earth to cover all the land. Secondly, you quite obviously can't build a boat the size of the Titanic out of wood. Thirdly, there are millions of species of animals. How could you even load two of each, let alone give them places to sit?

And if Noah landed in Asia Minor and let all the animals out, how the heck did any get to Australia?

This is one story you can disprove with common sense.

There is no way that suddenly it rains and it covers all the land, which means, IIRC(I read a book which contained detailed mathematical calculations on how this could never have happpened) that we would have to add 66% of the oceans water to the oceans to cover all the land.There is nowhere near that amount in the atmosphere and the oceans. Of course it didn't happen.

Originally posted by thestonesfan
There is nothing to indicate that a global flood ever happened. It would be obvious if it had. Do you really need a link?

For starters, there isn't enough water on earth to cover all the land. Secondly, you quite obviously can't build a boat the size of the Titanic out of wood. Thirdly, there are millions of species of animals. How could you even load two of each, let alone give them places to sit?

And if Noah landed in Asia Minor and let all the animals out, how the heck did any get to Australia?

This is one story you can disprove with common sense.
So all you can come up with is:

"Miracles can't happen because they are miraculous." Ooo-kaaay.

maybee the world (the middle east) as they knew it back then flooded.

the selection of animals limited to that area could make "2 of every species" doable also.

I think its a cool story and it would be rad if it was true. so, I'll choose to believe in it in context I stated above. wooo.

Nice try, Fl2. It's not up to us to disprove the Flood, it's up to you to prove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom