The big fat oil cats (please join!)

ULTIMATEGP

Blitzkrieg!!!
map-Pangea

Size-Small

Leadar-Random

Difficulty-Noble

Length-Epic

Variant-Welcome to business partner. We want to get rich off of one thing OIL! So once the industrial era comes around we must control all of the oil sources in the world. Then we sell them for cash. It will be hard but be so worth it!

Climate-Arid (more oil!)

Players
1.ULTIMATEGP
2.frankcor
3.JesusOnEez
4.sand

This looks like a fun idea. I'm unsuccessfully attempting to move up to Monarch from Prince level but your variant looks to present a good challenge. If that's okay with you, I'll be happy to play alongside you.

I'd vote for Normal game speed.

I don't often play Pangea maps, but with a small one, is there a danger we'd win by conquest long before we can even see oil?

nah if we want oil and we see another nation has it all we do is attack take the city with the resource then make peace.

EDIT:also thanks for joining!

Also i need to know 2 things

1.How do I post saves on here so people can play?

2.How do I post pictures of the game.

While you're writing your reply, click on the Go Advanced button. Scroll down under Additional Options and you'll see Manage Attachments. Click on it and a small window will open that will allow you to browse your hard drive to find the files then upload them.

You're limited to how many images you can upload per response as well as the total size of all the files you upload to the entire forum. If you have a web site that lets you host files, you can just point to them with a URL in your post. http://www.photobucket.com/ and http://www.imageshack.us/ are two free sites that you can use to upload images.

I use photobucket but it usally downsizes my images and thanks for the info.

Also now we need to think of a good leader. i'm thinking Saladin or Cyrus because they are middle eastarn and that has the oil.

Yeah, I was thinking along those same lines. Or a South American like Montezuma or Huyana Capak? Or heck, even North America has loads of oil reserves. Then there's Russia, northern Europe and the Pacific Rim. :smile:

Hmmm, how about just a random leader?

Random sounds good. We'll stick with that.

bup because we need 3 more people :bump:

why not post in the registration sticky thread at the top?

pholkhero said:
why not post in the registration sticky thread at the top?

Well, if the truth be told, because I forgot there was a registration sticky thread. They say the memory is the first thing to go.

Thanks, pholkhero!

i'm new to succesion games. This is my first one thanks

Thnaks frankor for posting it. maybe we'll get more people now.

Ok I started it and need to know one more thing how do i save a image in Civ Iv so I can upload it on here?

I'd like to join...I'm a Noble player trying to progress to Prince, so I should be pretty helpful here!

Also, SHIFT + Prt Scr will provide a pop-up to supply a screenshot name. The screenshot is then saved in a CivScreenshots (or similar) folder in your My Documents/My Games/Civ IV folder (or similar...can't remember exactly off the top of my head, but it's something like that).

This sounds like a toughy, I have to admit, and I think we may end up heading for domination/conquest somewhere along the line. Are there any specific win conditions?

i'll join. i'm not very good at economy but quite good at wars(since thats how i win all m noble games), mainly industrial and modern. i'd reccommend epic speed sincce it makes war easier.

JesusOnEez said:
Also, SHIFT + Prt Scr will provide a pop-up to supply a screenshot name.
This why I like succession games -- I learn so much! Welcome, aboard!

sand said:
i'm not very good at economy but quite good at wars
Well then, pull up a chair. You're almost certain to learn more about economy, here. I usually play at Epic speed too, for just the reason you state. That's why a Normal speed game here might offer a tougher challenge. We'll probably need to wage a lot of war and the pressure will be on to do it efficiently and effectively. And like they say, what doesn't kill you just makes you stronger.

Regarding victory conditions, I say we leave them all enabled (to give the AI a fighting chance), but for us, we declare victory when the conditions stated by ULTIMATEGP in post #1 are achieved

ULTIMATEGP said:
we must control all of the oil sources in the world. Then we sell them for cash.

That means we need to find a perfect balance between warfare and diplomacy. We need the military might to sieze all the oil sources, But if there are many sources of oil, we may not be able to eliminate any of the AI civs and we'll have to keep them all happy enough to trade cash for oil with us. Heh, everytime we sieze oil, we declare peace, then sell it to its former owner?

Hmmm, what if there are more oil resources than AI Civs?

i think we could do something like this.. since the map is small we could start an early war to eliminate 2 opponents giving us hopefully 50% land, with only 2 opponents left (i thiknk) we choose the smaller one to befriend with. when th time comes at combustion we eliminate the other civ. sell all new oil to our freind and we should win domination.

ok we got the starting spot. Looks as if We are going to be Mansa Munsa. Welcome to business partner. I'm also going to post the save.

Attachments

• Starting spot0000.JPG
    Starting spot0000.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 138
Top Bottom