The Big Gamble - new GMR G&K game

In the beginning was the civ, and the civ was...

Shuffle.

I got some tundra and no river, so I don't want to hear any complaints from you lot! :p

Ethiopia!!!
I really got a nice variety of civs to try in GMR games. Haven't got time to take turn, but it's tempting to go home right now......ahhhhhhhhhh ...... Wish I had a holiday now

Shuffle.

I got some tundra and no river, so I don't want to hear any complaints from you lot! :p

No fair - you can get tundra folklore! I used that desert folklore + petra to good effect in Damascus once...

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0003.jpg
    Civ5Screen0003.jpg
    497.1 KB · Views: 86
Polynesia...wow lol. Ill try not to suck so much :p

No fair - you can get tundra folklore! I used that desert folklore + petra to good effect in Damascus once...

Petra is a really powerful wonder indeed.

Assume he gets the tundra folklore, would you guys chop off the deer forest to get the faith generation? I incline to do so in my other game with William.

Petra is a really powerful wonder indeed.

Assume he gets the tundra folklore, would you guys chop off the deer forest to get the faith generation? I incline to do so in my other game with William.

I think chopping your production really hurts you in the long run. I'd keep the deer forest and work the other tundra later.

I'm sort of surprised they don't have a tundra equivalent to the Petra. Starting with Arabia and having the desert start bias really made it crazy turning Damascus from a ratty desert city into a powerhouse.

I got similar start, guess what, we may get the ice age script. Low production capability so I may have to go liberty instead of tradition. Though I only see 2 naked tundra, but three sea resources. Maybe try gods of sea this time? Ethiopia usually gets the first pick.

Edit: forgot to mention lots of snow tiles to the south, guess Ethiopia people have to get used to the cold weather now.

I think chopping your production really hurts you in the long run. I'd keep the deer forest and work the other tundra later.

I'm sort of surprised they don't have a tundra equivalent to the Petra. Starting with Arabia and having the desert start bias really made it crazy turning Damascus from a ratty desert city into a powerhouse.

Yeah, I'm not sure it's really worth it on the tundra...but Petra with all those floodplains rocks.

Shouldn't that be Mecca, instead of Damascus? Or did you change the city name to fit the wonder?

Yeah, I'm not sure it's really worth it on the tundra...but Petra with all those floodplains rocks.

Shouldn't that be Mecca, instead of Damascus? Or did you change the city name to fit the wonder?

That was actually my third city (no Palace!). I couldn't stand the start so I moved Mecca to the north. Petra doesn't work on floodplains so it's not as overpowered as it seems. Ideal tiles are Oasis and desert hill on a river, but for the most part, you actually don't want the river running through the middle of a Petra city.

Spain...never played them, but i heard a lot about their natural wonder bonuses :drool:

Need...natural...wonders...

Spain...never played them, but i heard a lot about their natural wonder bonuses :drool:

Need...natural...wonders...

Please, civ gods, no! :crazyeye:

I tried Spain once, got 1000 gold from two early wonders, though they weren't close enough to settle. Still, four cities very early... Way OP. but then again, we also have Mongol and Arabian UU in play.

Please, civ gods, no! :crazyeye:

I tried Spain once, got 1000 gold from two early wonders, though they weren't close enough to settle. Still, four cities very early... Way OP. but then again, we also have Mongol and Arabian UU in play.

Spain with Eldorado = 1200 gold by itself! I'm building 3 scouts in the other G&K game that I am Spain.

Spain with Eldorado = 1200 gold by itself! I'm building 3 scouts in the other G&K game that I am Spain.

Of course...I didn't want to ask in case somehow you'd overlooked this. :D

Seriously, they get an extra bonus for El Dorado? Like 1000 gold wasn't enough.

The English aren't here to hold down the Keshiks... :)

Going to be a fun Medieval era.

Yeah, in a few months!

Chinese is about to miss his first turn, not a good sign :(

Maybe a weekend thing? Allowing AI to settle...yeesh. Well, let's see if he posts when he realises what's happened.

Top Bottom