1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Big Gamble - new GMR G&K game

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Multiplayer' started by Onan, Jul 3, 2012.

1. TiVO

TiVO Chieftain

That's entirely cool, I can definitely understand that, I'd be just as leery of a completely new person in a game with such a big commitment. So, to that end, I'll take this opportunity to answer a little of Onan's questions, and allow myself to introduce . . . myself. ;)

I've been playing all the SP versions since Civ II, though I've never really tried to play the harder levels. I've also played the original Colonization; MoO 2; the Rome, Empire, and Napoleon Total War games, and a hand-full of your typical RTS games (Starcraft, Dawn of War, etc.).

Board games include chiefly Risk, Castle Risk, and Axis & Allies, with some table-top wargaming thrown in for good measure.

And with that, I'll quit de-railing your thread. :) Hope to see y'all in-game sometime!

2. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

I should welcome you first:lol: Good to have you on board in other games!

3. Onan

Onan Dad

Agreed with EEE. We'll catch you in another one, TiVO, and thanks for offering. You probably would've been fine.

Given Genji made no comment re reverting, let's add him where we are, unless we hear different soon. :)

4. Foffaren

Foffaren King

I like you instantly now! :D

5. Onan

Onan Dad

There are lots of other GMR games getting started now, as I'm sure you've noticed. It seems to have really taken off! ...can't remember which MoO I played...first maybe.

6. Onan

Onan Dad

Mel, do you remember Genji's steam nick? Pretty sure it's luciferkid.

7. GenjiKhan

GenjiKhan Emperor

Indeed,my nickname on steam is Luciferkid .

8. Wyrda Edocsil

Wyrda Edocsil Chieftain

My internet has been down for the last week. I apologize for slowing down the game. I would like to play if I could, and was looking forward to this game, but understand if you choose not to allow me to.

9. Onan

Onan Dad

Hi Wyrda,

Thanks for getting back in touch. If you'd been a little earlier it might've been okay, but seeing as we've just subbed in a player for you...dunno.

I guess I could leave it up to genjikhan/luciferkid. If he's okay now bowing back out, and letting you retake your spot, I guess I'd be okay with that. Also as long as Mel is willing to do it. However I don't think we'd revert the turns at all for you, at this point.

I'm not asking you to do that, Genji, but if your conscience would be bothered, it's an option.

Anyone who has a connection failure like this should consider a trip to a net cafe to let everyone know what's happening. ;)

10. GenjiKhan

GenjiKhan Emperor

No problem . Just ask mel to swap me and Wyrda .

11. Onan

Onan Dad

Nice guy, huh? :p

Okay, Wyrda, you have a reprieve. Is your modem all sorted out? Should be fine going forward?

This is a little test to. Check on your responsiveness...hopefully you still have the thread bookmarked. Might send you another email, too. Say the word within a reasonable amount of time, and we can reinstate you.

12. Wyrda Edocsil

Wyrda Edocsil Chieftain

It should work fine from now on. Thank you for allowing me to rejoin the game.

13. Onan

Onan Dad

Have put another comment in the game thread on GMR, just waiting for Mel to swap you back in. Several players still have turns before you, I think you'll probably make it in before your turn comes around.

Welcome back, glad you could make it, and please find a way to keep us posted if you run into any future technical issues. :)

14. Islandia

Islandia King

Does anyone else do a little dance for joy when Spain is in the game and you discover a wonder and think to yourself - that's 400 gold I cost those Spaniards... not that Tab needs the help.

15. JakeAlmighty

JakeAlmighty Chieftain

100% of the time. Especially in tiny maps for 2v2 teamers when they random Spain and I start praying to find wonders asap.

16. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

Hi, Onan and everyone, since Starflame was replaced by another player in GMR game Fall of Roman, shall we elect to replace another player in this game as well? It's matter of the time before the kick limit is reached.

I did a little advertising, so Banman will be willing to sub. His Steam ID is banman39

17. LostKnight

LostKnight A wandering knight

All up for it. I have him in another game and know he is active, wich is the only requirement I have!

18. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

Yeah, he is actively attacking me in another game :lol:

19. Banman

Banman Prince

hey everybody, I regularly check for turns multiple times a day, looking forward to it ...

20. LostKnight

LostKnight A wandering knight

Now that you are here, this will will go much faster!