Eclipse4449

Deity
The Big Game Hunter spawned from the original game mod "no unique units"

The map revised to accommodate catapults and alike

Attachments

• knipsel2314.jpg
    knipsel2314.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 211
I believe this game has the restriction of "No unique units". Does that mean there will be no Hoplites, Numidian Mercenaries, Samurais, etc? Or they just won't trigger GAs?

I believe this game has the restriction of "No unique units". Does that mean there will be no Hoplites, Numidian Mercenaries, Samurais, etc? Or they just won't trigger GAs?

The unique units are simply not available, All civilizations have the exact same units available to them.

I love UUs but this particular game is for battle right from the start, not incorporating when to fight due to when your UU becomes available.

so most likely we will see warrior spearman combinations vs archer swordsman.

The ability of a micro-manager working his empire to produce a war machine will have less impact here because of a more even playing field, in fact most players will realize what little irrigation is needed and the rest producing shields which will cause a heavier emphasis on what you build rather than how much faster you are building since units are trained in 1 or 2 turns.

All players will feel attack or be attacked. Race to the middle and draw the battle line. and push back the enemy. About turn 20 realistically the anticipation of battle will cause negative attitudes toward hurrying up with the turn and lots of emails passed among team players conceiving what is to be done and where.

There are a few things I have been thinking about;

1) since there are no unique units and all important resources are quickly connected, the one factor is left (the tech tree). Each leader gets his natural starting techs so therefore the team should not pick leaders with the same starting techs (these topics will be removed very soon as it is an early strategy.

2) placing 1 or 2 mines in each area to speed unit production

3) starting each leader with 2 warriors and/or 2 scouts

4) find other game concepts that motivates early combat like GAs and how often leaders/armies are produced or reduced unit maintenance cost

Top Bottom