1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The biggest scare I've had in this game:

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Turquoiside, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Turquoiside

Turquoiside Emperor

In a game as Carthage, that insane leader of the Aztecs warred thorughout the game. He declared on me twice, both times ending up at war with Saladin, and the first time with Churchill. He has his upside however, has he beat up Hatty so much she offered to me my vassal. After this and Dps, declaring war on me would invoke war with the entire occidental world. But Monty is an idiot and declares war AFTER AP means he declares war on the entire western AND southern (the large nations of Mongolia and Russia) world, WHILE being at war with another large nation, America. Then, my screen shakes. I despair....NUKES!!! If only I had decided to go for SDI! If only I had used my U.N. status to stop nuke building! My fear grew after every screen shaking, and it shook about 8 times before I saw Monty's smiling face. I knwe I slowly looked at the damage in KErkouane......nothing!. Odd, but Carthage could be ruins. It was still a gleaming-in-the-good-way capitol of the world's leading nation. That was worth a look at the Event log. I scroll down to see:
    Civ4ScreenShot0264.JPG
    Whoa! I think I'll be seeing Global warming real soon! I knew I had a reason for liking that guy! He could be a threat to a possible time win if he vassalizes Monty. This is still an eye-opener. however. That very easily could have been Monty's nukes. Next game, I'm sure to try to boost my power graph score.

But seriously, I knew Monty was dumb, but declaring World War II (II because he declared war on me and Sally [Maybe Churchill] during the Mongol-Russian War) for no reason? And on himself? Does the A.I. even consider DPs? Since you can't turn it off, you think something that important would be considered by the A.I., even someone like Mad Monty. Or maybe they weigh vassals too much, becuase Native America was a strong nation, but that would probably count with DPs.

Anyon else have any scary moments of certain defeat turn in to hilarity? This will have to be noted when make an "A.I. Is so stupid" (When because if I don't win, they didn't hand me the game...) thread

2. Airefuego

Airefuego King

I like that Monty is so mad he will do that! It's good to have one leader so crazy you're ALWAYS nervous of him!

3. CoZe

CoZe Warlord

yes, monty is monty. expecting logic from him would not be wise. i like him that way though, adds some fun factor to the game !

4. ventrue

ventrue Warlord

It used to be the computer freezing up and me losing a few turns of info. Thank goodness for all the patches.

I have had some close calls with Monty in a few of my games, where he rushed me with his SoD, but the members of the AP palace voted to end our war. I would have probably lost a few cities if it weren't for that.

I also get scared of the diplomatic vote, the culture win and the dogpile nukes whenever I am going for the space race victory.

5. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Superconductor Moderator

I made the discovery that forts grant you the resource normally given by a mine. Nobody had uranium but Gilgamesh and me. He had a fort on it, so I thought "Idiot. This should be easy!" I had nukes and 4 stacks of Modern Armor and Mech Infantry headed his way. I declared and launched. I ran out of nukes and he had one city left untouched just 2 tiles away from my stacks, just inside his borders. The next turn he launched all of the tactical nukes that I didn't know he had in that city!!!! :mad:

All my stacks gone. :cry:

I still won, but it sure was educational... :)

6. Emiliano

Emiliano Chieftain

I entered because I read "The biggest SCORE I've had in this game"

lol

7. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

i woke up once and realised it was all a dream.

world conquest, Genocide, war..........