The Black Tower

This scenario has imbued in me a deep, deep hatred of pyre zombies. I need to do a little dance with my "squishy" units running out of my stack of golems (hallelujah for the Luichirp) every time I see one. Unfortunately "i" breaks save games so I can't get my golems empowered. :sad:

So I've eliminated all of the Sheaim.... but nothing has happened..... does this mean I need to wipe out the Infernals too???? :mad:

There is nowhere that says this is required.

Not sure about this but even if get Ljosalfar workers you can't build on forests. I know that in normal games its tied to the player and not the worker, but shouldn't this scenario be an exeption?

Also a river a bit north of your starting location would be nice.

I thought the start loc is good for your capital, you can build Heron Throne and also have three pirate docks for a large amount of hammers and gold early. WIth Conquest, it becomes a unit producing monster...

Yes it is a nice city location. But my point is:
No city north of it has any fresh water-> no farms.
A single tile with a river would solve this.

I think it would be pretty cool if building in forests was possible only near elven cities under tolerant trait leaders.

Yes it is a nice city location. But my point is:
No city north of it has any fresh water-> no farms.
A single tile with a river would solve this.

But Lanun don't really *need* farms nearly as much as other Civs, since you get 3 food / ocean tile, plus your pirate towns all around the island...

It would be great to have a river or a lake up north though...

Ähm what are the rules for building pirate coves?
I started a new game and found a lanun right on my starting location. Build 3 workboats there and created 3 coves (2 tiles free between them).
Then I build a workboat in a luchuirp city and couldn't create one.
Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG
So I thought: Ah it really must be lanun boats and build them in my capitol and send them north. Nope, couldn't build one either. Now I wondered a bit and thought: Can I really only build in lanun cities coves or is there a maximum of 3 coves?
I went into WB and deleted one of the coves and send my workboat back. I could built one where my old cove was and south of it.
Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG
However I was unable to build one west of it?
Civ4ScreenShot0015.JPG

Then I couldn't have build in the old location nor the second one you see in the 2nd and 3rd screenshot.

Just finished playing this map, and I most say I enjoyed every minute of it. From the great lay out of the land, to the huge armies of pyre zombie blowing things up :D.

As for the difficulty of this map, it's maybe just a bit too easy compared to the previous maps, the AI could do with some sort of bonus, perhaps a timer on how long you got to finish before they bring Armageddon down on you. Even better would perhaps be to actually use the Armageddon counter in this map having 4 evil AI's all with Ashen Veil should be able to bring it up a good deal.

Also I never interacted with the Clan's, they never did anything in the entire game, and as such I didn't bother with them either. I don't know if this is intended or not, but would be fun to have some interaction with them possible, perhaps even being able to recruit them as your allies, or as said earlier to make the map harder have them raid your start island on a more or less regular basis.

The Inferno AI also seemed kinda pointless to have there, I guess they do add a bit to the enemy team but not a lot, and since you don't have to defeat them, I just left them alone as well.

Not having played any of the other scenario "sets" through and not getting the alliance with the Luchirps the only available factions where the Bannor, from The Radiant Guard scenario and the Hippus, so no golems for me. What i did was go for the Order religion, giving me plenty of happiness through Social Order, but more importantly some easy available Crusaders, all with +40% against demons, which is more or less the entire enemy army. Being a charming leader means you get those levels faster which means you can get those high priests (Priors) quite fast, and with the Order religion you get Sphener as well giving you a 5th healer.

Of course it takes some time to get the techs needed for the healing and while researching you will just have to grind them down. By the time I got my hands on iron and champions along with my already huge army of crusaders the AI hadn't even researched smelting yet, still building cottages on the iron. It was a simple matter of just steam rolling them down, the not healing was a bit of a hindrance but much of one as such. Apprenticeship and the Form of the Titan meant that all my units started out as level 3, so with a base strength of 7 or 8 along with a huge bonus from promotions and them being demons a single unit could take out two or three of theirs before it was on too low health to be useful. I found it quite easy to keep a huge tech lead on the AI, so by the time they did bring forth pyre zombies in large numbers I had several heroes, paladins and mithril wielding units ready to kick their asses.

I found it quite easy to keep a huge tech lead on the AI, so by the time they did bring forth pyre zombies in large numbers I had several heroes, paladins and mithril wielding units ready to kick their asses.

What difficulty were you playing this on? I found that on emperor, they build a big empire rather quickly...

Depends on the AI. I'm a Prince (for the first go, anyway), but of the four main enemies only one of them has any kind of empire at all - the island guy is stifled, the northeast guy inexplicably stayed small, and the central guy doesn't appear to build Settlers at all...

I'm not quite finished, though.

Also, I agree that the Clan needs to have more of an impact. They don't do anything, good or bad.

Umm, there is the Clan onm the map too?? Did he come with a new Version? i played it on patch b or c, the one with the bugged tolerant trait. Never seen the clan anywhere?? Mhhh, but i had to kill the infernals too, so maybe this version was not quite final...

What difficulty were you playing this on? I found that on emperor, they build a big empire rather quickly...

Played it through on emperor as well, but like orangelex44 said the island guy don't really do much, had the Black Wind down by him making him useless, he was also the first to go, as he had my precious iron. Next was the one to the NE, and finally the one to the NW, who had managed to build a small empire for himself.

If I judge it correctly you start out with a tech lead, so use that advantage and rush them down before they get too big seemed like a good plan.

mm, there is the Clan onm the map too?? Did he come with a new Version? i played it on patch b or c, the one with the bugged tolerant trait. Never seen the clan anywhere?? Mhhh, but i had to kill the infernals too, so maybe this version was not quite final...
On the south east island. However if you finished babarian assault he gets deleted.

I thought that completing the Splintered Court with Svartalfar unlocks Svartalfar in The Black Tower, yet I have no option for them. I already finished it twice with Svarts as I thought maybe it didn't work the first time but it's still not an option. How can it be fixed?

Also civs under a specific leadership get the advantages of civ specific traits (for that civ) as well. So bannor melee units will start with guardsman, hippus mounted units will start with horselord, etc.

If my knowledge is up-to-date, the above example of tolerant gaining the civ specific traits, horselord/sinister/etc, is different then the Elohim tolerant which only keeps the cities buildings and units original nationality excluding the civ trait for the city? Last time I checked on tolerant if a Svartalfar city would be captured it would have avaliable nyxin, swordsman, etc, but the units built in the Svartalfar city weren't gaining the civ trait Sinister. So has tolerant (Elohim) been updated to include civ traits now, or is it just in the scenario The Black Tower it includes civ traits?

Edit: I realize that was probably longwinded, so in short I'm asking Does the Elohim tolerant now keep the original civ traits for the cities like in Black Tower or is it still Elohim tolerant still just buildings and unit?
I'm hoping Tolerant in epic-game works as it does in The Black Tower.
Edit2: Question answered on next page: Yes it has been changed as a whole

And on the subject of Tolerant since Magister brought up.
I think it would be pretty cool if building in forests was possible only near elven cities under tolerant trait leaders.

I don't think that would be hard to implement, keeping the forest building within the city cross. It certainly makes sense from mechanics and lore, and I think that it should already be included in Tolerant as it's completely logical that captured Elven cities under tolerant would remain elven and keep their forest building (at their elven cities only).
Hopefully more idea of yours will be noticed Magister.

Top Bottom