The Blair Third Term Thread

Will Tony Blair Seek A Third Term as Prime Minister?

• Yes, and he'll get it.

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Yes, but he won't get it.

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • No, Gordon Brown will become PM

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • No, a Blairite successor will become PM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, the Tories will win.

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • No, the Lib Dems will win.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, a Giant Radioactive Monkey will replace him (also known as don't know)

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ian, people don't want a man of the people as their leader. They want someone who scares the s**t out of them. Michael Howard has that quality in buckets. The only problem is that the rest of the Tory party doesn't.

he proberbly will want a 3rd term and will most likely get it but i feel that his majority will decrease and he will want to be PM for longer than thatcher did but i feel that the wheels of motion towards his downfall have been put in motion and about 1/2 way during the 3rd term is when he will step down

The British Conservative Party is an outdated party which is still living in Victorian Times. Unless it seriously evolves, it will disappear slowly.

What would be funny is that if everyone went 'I hate that Blair, ain't voting for him, and those Tories are crap, they don't get my vote!' and voted Lib Dem, and we randomly ended up with a Lib Dem government via protest votes. Mind you, this would only happen in some crazy dream world where people actually voted how they tell people they will.

Originally posted by MrPresident
Ian, people don't want a man of the people as their leader. They want someone who scares the s**t out of them. Michael Howard has that quality in buckets. The only problem is that the rest of the Tory party doesn't.

You think? I think Howard appears weird at best which is a shame because he is an excellent debater. Thatcher had charisma and scared people, however i don't know if Howard has the charisma necessary to be elected. He may beat Blair in a debate but he'd never beat him in an election i don't think.

Top Bottom