The Blair Third Term Thread

Will Tony Blair Seek A Third Term as Prime Minister?

• Yes, and he'll get it.

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Yes, but he won't get it.

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • No, Gordon Brown will become PM

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • No, a Blairite successor will become PM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, the Tories will win.

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • No, the Lib Dems will win.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, a Giant Radioactive Monkey will replace him (also known as don't know)

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrPresident

Anglo-Saxon Liberal
Do you think Blair will run for a third term? Will Gordon Brown step in before the election? Will Blair be forced out by tution fees? Will the Hutton Inquiry put too much pressure on him? Will he step down for family or personal reasons? Will the Tories or even Liberal Democrats win the next election? Will Blair learn the lesson of Thatcher and get out while the going is moderately good? Has the climate of spin gotten too much for the British people? What do you think? Will Blair seek a third term? If so, will he win?

I doubt Howard could pull together the rabble that is the conservative party enough to mount a serious challenge to be honest. If he seeks a third term I imagine he will win it, but his popularity is dropping, people are getting increasingly irritated by him.

Former-President Nixon's head will become the next PM.

I think he'd want a third term. But I don't know the feelings of the UK public enough to be able to say if he'd get it or not.

Actually, the general consesus among the British public is that although no one wants him as Prime Minister, bizzarely we all think Blair will make a 3rd term

why, arnt there any good candidates to take his place?

There is actually - Charles Kennedy of the Lib Dem. But his party has a massive image problem - worse than Labour AND the Tories. Hardly anyone in Britain considers them a serious alternative, and the 2 main parties have reinforced this by continually saying that a vote for anyone other than Labour or the Tories is a wasted vote. But, if people don't want corrupt labour and don't want inept tories - they have a 3rd choice.

would you vote for them?

neat-o :)

ya know, while I odnt know much about campaign politics, I woudl think that the lib dems would take the comments by the labour, and Torrie parties that "a vote for anyone other than Labour or the Tories is a wasted vote" would go-

"a vote for anyone other than Labour or the Tories is a wasted vote- unless you vote Lib Dem this election" ;)

To be honest, Kennedy really isn't doing enough. He should've grabbed the Labour party by the balls over this Iraq war thing and didn't, citing the old 'backing of the troops' excuse. And he's not in the public eye enough. I hear about Blair every day. I hear about Michael Howard (the new Tory leader) ever third day or so. I hear about Charles Kennedy every few weeks :(

I voted that Brown will be the new PM. All I hope is that the new Government, whoever they are, only has a small majority (say 5 to 10) so that proper democracy can return to Britain.

@zulu9812 – I have to disagree with you regarding Kennedy – I would put him as the Liberals ‘weakest link’. He is like a small boy in a grown-up’s game.

I think the radioactive monkey is quite a good physical description of the actual government. So it will another radioactiv monkey for the next term.:lol:

perhaps, but I think that radioactive monkey is posed to be the lone lion of Europe ;)

Blair is likely to get his third term, while the Conservatives may mount an opposition.

Plexus does not guarantee this assessment to be true or even remotely accurate, as his knowledge of British politics is limited at best.

Originally posted by zulu9812
There is actually - Charles Kennedy of the Lib Dem. But his party has a massive image problem - worse than Labour AND the Tories. Hardly anyone in Britain considers them a serious alternative, and the 2 main parties have reinforced this by continually saying that a vote for anyone other than Labour or the Tories is a wasted vote. But, if people don't want corrupt labour and don't want inept tories - they have a 3rd choice.

Charles Kennedy and his Liberal Democrats have failed absolutely to put forward a convincing case that they would run Britain better. That Charles Kennedy would be an embarrassment to Britain on the World stage due to his poor presence and charisma would be enough to keep me from voting Liberal.
I want yet another powerful leader of this country, like Thatcher or Blair or Cromwell :yeah: not a nice-guy non-entity of John Major, Charles Kennedy ilk. If the party has got that, then I look at the policies.

At present, Tony Blair is the only leader of a political party in this country that I believe has the strength of character and personality to make me proud that they are leader of my country.

I expect he'll get it. I don't see anything other than a Labour victory, and though I'd prefer Brown, I expect Blair. Whoever leads Labour though, I doubt I'll vote for them.

Blair will win a third term because he is good with the people and wins elections. He has great charisma and seems a man of the people. He will distance himself from the Hutton inquiry, Howard doesn't have Blair's appeal.

Top Bottom