The Buck Stops Here: President, Term IV

TheOverseer714

Overseer
This is my thread for any and all communications directed towards me about all and sundry needs that I may be required to handle. I will add more later.

Is there anything that I can help with?

Most definitely, I need to know how to do a turn-chat, the procedures to run one (and log it) especially. The game will be easy, the communication part is what is new to me.

If you have mIRC, it's a lot easier than the chat button above. Logging can be done automatically. With the civfanatics chatroom (#turnchat), I copied and pasted what I typed periodically onto the Instruction thread (Running ChatLog). Once you have a chatroom up, announce the T/C is starting, then start your C3C. Using your Windows (flag) button between your ALT and Ctrl button, bring up the Instruction thread on top of the game. change back and forth between the game and the Instructions until you have completed all th Instructions. While doing this, make all appropriate notes in the chatrrom text area. If you are using the civfanatics chatroom, when you get close to a page worth of notes, copy them and paste them into a post at the bottom of the Instruction thread. Check the Running ChatLogs I have been keeping. They will show you the way I've handled it. Then just keep updating your notes.

More later. Back to work. Questions?

Whoa! Mr. President, we appear to be at war with the Byzantines. That must have happened when we booted their wandering unit? My immediate reaction is to change Rhiannon and Molly to banks and let them complete, then they can build military.

We should move all units South to combat the Byz. Leaving only a strong skeleton crew in the NW to safeguard our newly acquird cities. The Fomorch aren't going to do pop rushing, only cash rushing, so they will run out soon. Let them attack us in suicide missions. Let's see what the others say about peace with them, we may not need/want it yet.

Our strongest defensive unit is a 3. We may want to think about Nationalism next for the "no resource" riflemen. They have a defense of 6 (4/6/1).

We may want to setup all our cities to start Calvary on the same turn, trade Alex the Theory of Gravity tech for his extra Saltpeter, and commence production all at once, in case he reneges. I would also see what each tribe (that we are not at war with) will offer for our world map, starting with the Ottomans and ending with the Cairde (any order you choose) and accept. Gift the Cairde if they won't pay. Do this map trading BEFORE the Saltpeter deal.

That's all I saw at the moment, good work against the Fomorach.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting it.

Mr. President, what were your thoughts on the elections?

I'm thinking of running for trade and tech, president is very strenuous for me with my SG committments. I guess I need to get the election threads up. Plus a turn-chat instruction thread up.

Top Bottom