The Buildings of Civilization - Dissecting Districts

The fact that the spaceport is a district makes me believe that the neighbour improvement is also classed as a district. Neither are like other districts but hey ho

No, it's an improvement. You can't build them through city interface and you could have more than 1 per city. Pretty normal improvement.

Given that there have been games in which the AI has lost its capital while in the middle of building the spaceship in previous versions of Civ, it's a given that they'll be Civ VI games in which the AI could use the ability to build a spare spaceport in some other city.
The spaceport isn't quite unique in only having a purpose if seeking one victory type though: The National Park district appears to only really benefit you if you are seeking a cultural victory.

There's no evidence for national parks being a district, they could be an improvement or a particular type of building.

Thought on what the film studio replaces... possibly Broadcast Tower...both are 1900-1950 type improvements.

As for the Airport buildings, I think they will have some choice...
Tourism/Trade benefit [Hotel could go here]
OR
Military benefit (base more planes here, planes get experience bonus

There's no evidence for national parks being a district, they could be an improvement or a particular type of building.

Thought on what the film studio replaces... possibly Broadcast Tower...both are 1900-1950 type improvements.

As for the Airport buildings, I think they will have some choice...
Tourism/Trade benefit [Hotel could go here]
OR
Military benefit (base more planes here, planes get experience bonus

The building (buildings?) we saw from that one e3 video look more like an international terminal than a hotel to me. The silhouette was just so /industrial./ I mean it looked like a massive utilitarian structure rather than a flamboyant, eye-catching hotel. I mean it'd still be trade/tourism relevant, so ultimately it's a question of language.

The building (buildings?) we saw from that one e3 video look more like an international terminal than a hotel to me. The silhouette was just so /industrial./ I mean it looked like a massive utilitarian structure rather than a flamboyant, eye-catching hotel. I mean it'd still be trade/tourism relevant, so ultimately it's a question of language.

Well if there are 3 buildings it could be

Hangar
International Terminal v. Airbase (+air units based here)
Hotel v. Airforce academy (+exp for air units build in this city)

Yeah, lots of things it could be. I was just at an aviation museum yesterday & I realized it could make for a pretty interesting building in Civ. It was in an "airport district," in a podunk part of the region about 2 hours from the nearest metropolis. No international terminal but it called itself an airport, I dunno. Got me thinking about building requirements. Something like the Stables requires horses right? Well what if an Aviation Museum required 2 kills each with 3 types of aircraft? Buildings like that could incentivize a rounder sort of playstyle, or provide warmongers with a way to slightly offset their culture deficit. Maybe there could be a Propoganda office for the encampment for civs that prioritize culture or something.

I think the 3 buildings in the Airport (which you can see in the pics) are:

1) Hanger, increases aircraft capacity
2) Flight School, grants XP to aircraft created in this city
3) Terminal, allows land units to be instantly transferred to other airports

Airport with no buildings:

Airport with 3 buildings:

EDIT: Look at those buildings. None of those really looks like a hotel. The one in the foreground with the purple roof is clearly a hanger.

You didn't mention anything about farms. Will they have their own district?

Farms are tile improvements, not buildings/districts

I think the 3 buildings in the Airport (which you can see in the pics) are:

1) Hanger, increases aircraft capacity
2) Flight School, grants XP to aircraft created in this city
3) Terminal, allows land units to be instantly transferred to other airports

Airport with no buildings:
Spoiler :

Airport with 3 buildings:
Spoiler :

The Flight School would be a good Hotel alternate (+xp or tourism boost)
Terminal could have the option of Transport (unlimited military units/turn) or International terminal (+Trade, tourism, transfer 1 unit/turn)

As for the Aqueduct district, it seems that the district's focus is on assisting growth. I would assume the final building could be the Hospital from Civ V.

As for the Aqueduct district, it seems that the district's focus is on assisting growth. I would assume the final building could be the Hospital from Civ V.

Or the second, with sewers -> hospital -> medical lab.

But asa others said, it may be fully water themed.

Attaching a hospital to aqueducts and sewers seems like a bit of a logical disconnect.

It makes sense. You clean your infected medical equipment upstream from the major population center, then you get more customers. The ones that don't work out, you dump in the sewer.:D

It makes sense. You clean your infected medical equipment upstream from the major population center, then you get more customers. The ones that don't work out, you dump in the sewer.:D

Yeah but enough about the American national health service. ;)

Hospitals can easily fit with aqueducts and sewers. They look different, but they all have the same overall goal of improving the health of the population. Aqueducts do it by providing clean water, sewers do it by transporting dirty waste away from water & food sources. Hospitals do it by healing injured or sick people. But the result for all three is longer average lifespans (reduced mortality), and hence more opportunities to procreate. In a word, Growth.

My guess on the third building in the Aqueduct district is a Treatment Plant of some kind. That would follow the natural evolution of water utilities in cities.

Can't remember if I already said it in this thread, but a cool District for maybe an expansion would be a Dump, that you had to strategically place *away* from other tiles. And you'd have like the way it works in Sim City, a city where your garbage got transferred, only you'd have to manage it. Imagine the global conflicts errupting because Civ A placed their dump on the border with Civ B. So many possibilities with "negative" districts.

Hospitals can easily fit with aqueducts and sewers. They look different, but they all have the same overall goal of improving the health of the population. Aqueducts do it by providing clean water, sewers do it by transporting dirty waste away from water & food sources. Hospitals do it by healing injured or sick people. But the result for all three is longer average lifespans (reduced mortality), and hence more opportunities to procreate. In a word, Growth.

Then the question is what the third building is.
Aqueduct (district)
Sewer-building
Hospital-building

I could see them going with Medical Lab (modern beating infectious disease) or Recycling Center (sort of symbolizing pollution controls against chronic conditions)
OR
Both-med lab gives growth and science, recycling center gives growth and production.

Top Bottom