1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Bureau of Land Grants

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: RPG' started by Cyc, Jun 1, 2008.

1. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity Retired Moderator

The compromis given by kwarriorpoet is acceptable to me.

2. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

No, I am having a completely wonderful day, actually. I just got kinda messed up to see the all three tiles (out o 4 land grants, I see) in NGs BFC had been granted away. As the leader of my faction I need to react to this before it gets accepted as the right or my faction would stand back with nothing at the end of your reign. Don't take it as a personal insult, I just do what work I can for my faction.

3. Joe Harker

Joe Harker 1st in the Premiership!

Well part of the problem was that there was no statement on what had been agree, not blaming anyone, but no-one could then see any potential dangers or problems with implementing land reform.

BTW i agree with kwp's compromrise

4. Seidrik_The_Gray

Seidrik_The_Gray Seidrik The Gray

Dear friend,
    Any thoughts on what I proposed here?

5. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Cyc sits in the large wooden arm-chair, fingers inter-laced, hands propping up his chin. He's watching civplayah's mouth move, but he's not really hearing anything. And he realizes this.:huh: Two reasons for this, he tells himself, (no longer calling them excuses, dammit :twitch: ).
    1. The bombardment of input from the locals in many different aspects has him to the point of distracion, to say the least.
    2. The din from said locals has gotten much louder in the recent moments.

Reason number 2 makes Cyc sit up in his chair and turn just in time to see Seidrik tap his staff. Listening, the Master of the Tribunal wonders what the small criticism was towards him. It
    must be small! At the conclusion of the speech, he goes over and re-reads the proposed compromise.

Nodding several times, he approaches Seidrik. " M'lord, I agree with the stipulations you have laid out in your proposed compromise. If there's is anyway the Land Grant office can help carry this through to fruition, please don't hesitate to ask."

6. Cyc

On this matter, the Land Grant office does see civplayah as eligible for a Grant. As requested, we will wait to hear from civplayah about being a steward of said tile Grant. As I stated in the "Long and Winding Road", the relationship of all Grantees to their land is steward. Even the Land Grant certificate itself says "The King's land in your hands". That's pretty specific language. Civplayah will not have to claim ownership of his chosen tile #26. He will be merely a caretaker for your gods and of course, our King.

7. Diamondeye

Dear friend, the statement pleases me, but I am afraid it is too vague. I cannot allow the strategical resources in the sphere of New Giruvegan to be controlled by others than their original masters, as designated when the city was founded. This implies that:
    1) All tiles in New Giruvegan's vicinity (BFC) are under POF control
    a) The Gold tile is under stewardship of me, Diamondeye
    b) The Copper tile is under stewardship of Aelbeorht (AluminumKnight)
    c) The Ivory tile is under stewardship of Civplayah​
    2) The POF are in charge of the religious matters - drastic matters must ofcourse be discussed with the current King.
    3) The POF members are treated as part of the APR faction
    4) New Kings are crowned by the Head Of Faith.

As a post scriptum, I would ask that my faction is given priority for the control of the Holy City of Hinduism, if this falls under the control of Aretania.

8. Joe Harker

Joe Harker 1st in the Premiership!

What bit is vague?

Reason being?

The problem is that without these key resources an eccomnic system (which i think is the goal of the land reform) won't work as well without them, because A) Some of the people in control of the resource arn't very active, therefore very hard to buy from someone who isn't around and B) It would be nice to let everyone have a fair chance at getting some of the tiles, rather than some having an advantage from a previous argeement

9. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

After careful consideration I would like to request a Grant for tile 35 (Cattle).

10. ice2k4

ice2k4 Emperor

When will this program be open to the public?

(I'm back ;) )

11. Cyc

Very soon. All of the initial Grants have been allocated and/or requested. Except for negotiations for tiles in and around New Giruvega and BCLG100 (who has chosen to put his request on a back burner), we're pretty much ready to go public.

Today, I got hit with a killer flu, and it took me out for a good 9 hours. I'm still not over it. But I will get back to work as soon a possible.

Cyc

P.S. Good to have you back, ice.

12. Cyc

Excellent choice, Lord Civius. I knew you would pick a great tile. Your Certificate is being warmed up now, and should be out in a while. ;)

13. Diamondeye

I just find the whole statement a bit vague - there are too many political and vague expressions and too few dead-fact statements.

That this was the compromise we made with APR and the first King.

I am a rather active poster. So is Civplayah. In case someone wants to discuss his tile with him and he does not respond, I can handle the situation.
    And it's nice to think that everyone must be given a fair chance, and this should be pursued, as long as it does not violate other agreements already made. Not having the tile you want is not as unfair as having the tile you control taken away from you.

Hope you can bear over with my :gripe:

14. Cyc

OK, I agree. Why doesn't the injured party posted all of the agreement here in this thread so that this office can get a beter idea of the indignation you are suffering? Can we get some "dead-fact statements"?

15. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

I would like tile W2, thank you.

16. Cyc

Duly noted, VW. But you still have to wait. :)

Just so everyone is aware, I Cyc, Master of the Tribunal and head of the ALG, have decided on my request, and it has been granted. Mine is a little different than others granted, as I will be taking two tiles right off the bat. It's good to be the head of the ALG.

My two tiles are #22 and #23.

17. dutchfire

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

18. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

And the reason being? I was given the message because I was a "Favoured" citizen of Arete, not because I was part f your faction... Daveshack got a tile but last tim e I checked he wasn't part of your faction! :p

19. dutchfire

Actually, DaveShack is military advisor of the Royal Court.

And there's this whole moderator badge and being able to ban thing

20. civplayah

civplayah phantasm

I would like to request that my thread be created (I'd do it myself but my old computer refuses to cooperate when it comes to screenshots.)