1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Bureau of Land Grants

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: RPG' started by Cyc, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Diamondeye, please repost your compromise with the corrections here so we all can read the new copy. Present it just as you would your original proposal, please.

2. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

Will do:

Spoiler :
    Before the overtake of Madrid:
    The POF faction is in charge of New Giruvegans building queue, citizen placement, etc. Furthermore, the faction remains in control of the tiles agreed upon with Cyc (Gold, atm, and negotiations are running about Ivory and Copper). The resources from these tiles are ofcourse accessible to the Monarchy. Any tiles in New Giruvegans BFC that is not granted to another, named citizen, remains under POF control.

After the overtake of Madrid:
    The POF is in control of Madrids build orders, citizen placement, etc., as well as all tiles in the BFC of Madrid. Tiles with resources are to be stewarded by a member of the POF. The resources from these tiles are of course accessible to the Monarchy.

The ruling King is in control of New Giruvegans build orders and citizens, but the POF faction has a "vizier"-like position in this, meaning that they can make suggestions such as "Work 2 citizens as priests" or "We need a cathedral". While the king is not forced to follow these suggestions in any way, it would please the POF should the king follow them, especially when there is no urgent need for special builds (ie: Troops, Workers, Settlers, buildings required for Cathedrals, quests or NWs).

The control of the tiles outside of New Giruvegan are distributed among the loyal citizens, by Cyc, who is in charge of the Bureau of Land Grants under the monarchy. The POF members still have the right to roleplay visits to the city and areas they have been in control of. If no citizen wishes for the tiles and they are not in use/under improvement, they can be used for roleplay by the POF members aswell (since these know the local population and terrain).

Both before and after the overtake of Madrid:
    The POF faction is in control of religious matters in the empire, and the king must be crowned by the Head of Faith. The Head of Faith may not decline to do this should a majority vote for the new king be present, without either seperating the POF from the APR or surrender his position as Head Of Faith. In case of the latter, the new Head Of Faith faces the same choice.

Under all circumstances, the rules for Land grants does also apply to the tiles mentioned in this constitution. This means that the controllers / stewards of the areas must use the area roleplay-wise, and that the area can be redestributed should this not be the case. In this case, the areas are redestributed by Cyc and the bureau of Land Grants.

The POF members are considered part of the APR and is, as such, eligible to Land Grants, Leading a military unit, etc., should the king see this fit.

Small corrections, should be in order now. Please reply if it, for some reason, is not.

3. Cyc

From the 1st "After the Overtake of Madrid" paragraph - Tiles with resources are to be stewarded by a member of the POF. A member is allowed to govern multiple tiles this way, should this be necessary.
    The tiles of Madrid will be under the control of the POF, as you have requested. This is by order of the King. And one day citizens may be able to hold title over more than one tile. If fact it looks as if this may be an eventuality. But we are not there yet. Therefore the bolded sentance appears as if you are creating ALG policy by your own power. The POF does not have this power. Arrangements can be made at a later date for additional control of additional tiles, but until then, these Madrid tiles will just have to remain in control of the POF. These tiles will not be granted to others outside the POF. Again, the King has sanctioned this city to the POF. The ALG will not grant this tiles away, nor will it at this time grant multiple tiles to POF individuals.

So we need to remove that sentance. And ofcourse is not a word. Can you separate of and course for me?

Good for you?

4. Diamondeye

Edited above post.

Counting accepts of the version posted in post #81 here:

Spoiler accepts :

Diamondeye: Accepted
    Cyc: Accepted
    Civplayah: Accepted
    Dutchfire: Accepted

Constitution is now active

5. Cyc

I accept your proposal. Done deal.

6. Diamondeye

Great. I need a renewed accept from Civplayah as well as King Dutchfire for the constitution to be officially accepted.

7. civplayah

civplayah phantasm

I approve your constitution.

8. Diamondeye

Edited.

I am having trouble finding the RP thread for KWarriorPoets Landgrant, I need it to RP one of my characters (Sindar)s further story. Can we please post links along with land grants?

9. Cyc

I see you found it. I'll see what I can do as far as links.

By the way, if anyone would like to have a Mod change the title of the Land Grant (LG), that's fine, as long as the format is similar to Lord Civius' LG thread title.

10. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity Retired Moderator

Accepted .

11. Cyc

Thank you civplayah and King dutchfire. Looks like the deal is sealed. I'll work on getting the results produced tonight.

Any comments or questions about the compromise that this office can answer? Post them below. Thanks.

12. Cyc

Just to keep the public informed, I'm working on opening up the Land Grants (LGs) to the public citizens, but my maps need to be updated. Once the maps are done, we can go from here. Remember, one tile per request. One request.

13. dutchfire

Do you like these maps, or do you have other preferences?

14. Cyc

These maps are great, my lord. The only problem is I won't be able to list he f/h/g/ or resources on the LGs. This is ok with me but I would ask that each grantee post this info in one of their first posts. Thanks again.

15. Cyc

Here is the new Land Grant Map. I put it in the spoiler below. The tiles have new numbers, so I will have to change the numbers of the tiles already given out. That is the next step in the process, but I've put the map up now so everyone in the public sectors can take a look and get a better idea of what tile they want when it is opened.

I've also posted this in the last spoiler of the opening post (1st) for easy referencing.

Spoiler :

16. dutchfire

Instead of using numbers on the maps, wouldn't it be easier to use a coordinate system, with the Origin (O) the city tile of Arete?

For example, that would make tile #4 either: (-3,-1) or 3W1S.

That way, you won't ever have to renumber the whole continent :)

17. Cyc

I do like that idea, but as the Cultural borders have pretty much expanded, I was thinking that the tiles we conquer around our nation could just start with a letter. Spanish tiles could be S1, S2, etc. Babylonian tiles would be B1, B2, etc.

It may be easier for me as the map-maker to use the coordinate system, but it may be easier for our citizens (excluding the mathematicians) to use the number system. 'Course I could be wrong...

18. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

I like the coordinate system Dutch came up with. I think they both will be easy for the citizenry to use but the coordinates will definately be easier on you Cyc.

19. Cyc

OK, fine by me. If someone would be so kind as to get me a screenie of our continent with he dimesions of my numbered map (22 across by 14 high), I'll do a coordinate system map to include the Spanish and Babylonian tiles.

20. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

The land grant program will be reinstituted by the Cycles. I have been given the management position while Cyc is busy running the country in King Civplayahs absence. All land grants given by the APR will be honored but they must be renewed. All citizens that would like to keep their present tile must post here by August 7th. The program will be expanded so we need to weed out any grants that will not be used by unactive citizens. Details on the new RP structure are coming soon.