The Calabim and Amurite AI

Lade

Prince
Sorry, in my haste I made

Does anyone else hate these two civs? I typically play on 19 civ maps, so they're always included

The Calabim have the most unique and interesting unit system of all the civs. This can be fun when playing as them, but they are SO overpowered. I can almsot never go through a game without them completely dominating.

The Amurites are the exact opposite. They are way to aggresive, especially with their diplo always being about "keeping to their own experiments"
They're no fun to play against when they get themselves killed earlier (and when they get killed by Calabim? Oh joy.)

Maybe its because Ai know nothing about mage? Or perhaps its because I always play as the Illians, though I'm not sure if that effects anything

Only 2 weeks til' update, can't wait :mad:

The Doviello and Hippus are far worse, and the Grigori are powerful if the AI gets trigger happy as well.

Doviello just fails if they fail their first rush though. Keelyn also seems to good. Ljosalfar seems to always dominate as well.

Its actually pretty fun watching the Amurites get beaten up and ripped apart. Everybody just declares war on them so the can grab the land :lol:

the calabim actually have a rather weak early game. What makes them so good, is the way the AI prioritizes techs. While some civs beeline a military tech, or a religion, the calabim focus on horsemen, and all economy techs after that. The horsemen keep them alive while they pick up education -> writing -> trade.

The Doviello depend on their first rush. If it's successful, they're successful. If not, they're at the bottom of the ranks.
Same goes for a Tasunke hippus by the way.

The balseraphs and Ljos generally do well, but i don't know if this is because of a strong AI, or a strong mechanic (Ljos with forests is tough, balseraphs have a great use for the early game freaks)

yeah, the fact that the calabim AI focuses on techs that are always useful makes a huge difference. the "flavour" the AIs have for their favourite techs should probably be greatly decreased if they are to be made more efficent ;)

I've seen often large and quite scary Amurite Empires, more than powerful enough to kill me and my large army of AV priests, Eater of Dreams,Liches, and pumped-up mages (Sheam game). Few things are scaryer than stacks of Firebows that dont stop coming. The problem might not have been helped by the fact I was also at war with the Clan, Lanun, Ljosalfar,and the Malakim.

I just wish the Amurites made their war declarations based on how many mana nodes nearby empires had. The Grigori has four and the Hippus 1? Grigori it is.

Knowing how many mana nodes your neighbors have is hard when you have a stick up your ass and refuse to sign open border agreements, like the AI Amurite leaders do.

Amurites are inherently weak because their strength lies in the area the AI's know the least about: Spell Casters.

Comparatively, the Doviello are all about sheer brawn, which the AI can generally handle. (Though they still seem to do the best with the hippus.)

I remember when the AI was temporarily made way more aggressive (.33? .32?) and you could always expect a turn 50ish warrior/scout rush, the Doviello and Hippus would often clean out continents by themselves. Was kinda cool, but the constant rushing made games somewhat boring which I think was why the change back was made.

Ah I've been wondering where thoose rushes went, guess I should read up on the patchnotes.

The Calabim are fantastic, both as opponents and allies, an AI that really works :)

Do the doviello have any late game advantages? Sons of Asena, wolfpacks etc can be scary during an early rush but later on do they have any special tricks? Haven't seen the War Machine around much.

Amuties are usually diplomatically sealed off, without a religion, left behind on the lower end of the scoreboard, not really threathening anyone . And their colour is purple. :(

Doviello have no late game advantage, except in the potential ability to use Slavery and upgrade slaves on the battlefield. And of course, if they manage early game power, that will give late game power.

Doviello have no late game advantage, except in the potential ability to use Slavery and upgrade slaves on the battlefield. And of course, if they manage early game power, that will give late game power.

Slave Trade is also very nice for them.

Usually it's the Calabim I see being useless... They tend to have a very high score and I usually end up as a target of there's, but I've yet to actually face a sizable force of Vampires. Usually it just ends up being Rangers.

As for the Amurites, I find it silly that they usually end up building one of the biggest stacks of melee units I see in a match.

The Calabim seem to be getting better, until recently, most games I have them as an AI they rarely do anything. However, recently in the last two games they have sat there doing nothing, until they get vamps...Oops. The Dovellio which were in second place and my closest contender suddenly, for no obvious reason, imploded. Curious I exchanged a few maps and the Calabim which had been 3 cities had munched almost 10 Dovelio cities in as many turns. Every turn a newsflash would appear, I would buy a new map and yep another Dovellio city had changed colour. the first vampire I actually saw was a level 11. It even appeared to be building skellies in number. Never have I been so glad there was a sea between us.

The same thing looks like happening again only this time its the uber Lanun that are going to get the rough end of the stick. The Calabim hit feudalism and woosh Nike turbo killing machines. I pay very careful attention to where they might be now.

The Amurites seem to be pretty digital either they take off, or they get hammered. they don't seem to do in-between.

the Amurite AI really just needs to learn how to firebow rush. Not only is this a killer Amurite tactic, it'd allow them to use units they are familiar with until mage AI is improved.

Top Bottom